Thread: Does ZAISS allow a custom install of the firewall component only

tjr Guest

Default Does ZAISS allow a custom install of the firewall component only

I have a new laptop running Vista. I am considering running KAV and ZA. I have a retail boxed version of ZAISS 2007 that I never used. I plan to download the newest version and use the key from the enclosed box.

I don't want the user the other products in the ZAIS suite. Does the installer allow me to perform a custom install and only install the firewall component, or must I install all the pieces?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Does ZAISS allow a custom install of the firewall component only

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>tjr wrote:
    I have a new laptop running Vista. I am considering running KAV and ZA. I have a retail boxed version of ZAISS 2007 that I never used. I plan to download the newest version and use the key from the enclosed box.

I don't want the user the other products in the ZAIS suite. Does the installer allow me to perform a custom install and only install the firewall component, or must I install all the pieces?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Nope.. Your not allowed to perform a custom install of Security Suite..All the features are Compiled into one EXE Installer..After Installing ZASS, you can use the Control Center to disable some features..---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.010.000 32-Bit (BETA)
    TrueVector version:8.0.010.000
    Driver version:8.0.010.000
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:955977487
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200807.4245 &lt;== Not Updating Yet
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1 (32-Bit)
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:7.1.254.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.254.000
    Driver version:7.1.254.000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200807.4265 &lt;== New Update
    A Vast 4.8 Anti-Virus Home Edition
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

naivemelody Guest

Interestingly enough, in your case getting ZA Suite Vista 7.1 will give you the ZA firewall + Kaspersky av + ZA anti-spy, with most of the other extra features you don't want - 'already not included.' In other words - just using the key from the retail box (don't install the CD-Rom) on a web download of ZA 7.1 and entering the key when prompted &gt; you will get what you wanted without having to 'buy' KAV - it's included already in ZA Suite. (the key is on the sleeve)<hr>Click here &gt; http://www.zonealarm.com/store/catal...aq_content.jsp
    = see #2<hr>Click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73617
    - for more info on downloading ZA Vista 7.1. Follow tips and guidelines.<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 7-27-08 - That's The Way (I Like It) - K.C. &amp; The Sunshine Band

I agree, If a User dors not want or Need all the Features in the Full Security Suite..1.) I Strongly advise them to Choose ove of the other Versions of ZonrAlarm, ZAPro, ZA Anti-Spyware, or even ZAFree..2.) or do a Goodle Search for some other Firewall as a last resort.. IHMO, ZoneAlarm Firewall is their Best Choice..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite 32-Bit version:7.0.483.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.483.000
    Driver version:7.0.483.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:956063082
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200807.4275
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security