Thread: Can't tell if ZA is secure

webdev Guest

Default Can't tell if ZA is secure

I had to re-install ZA Pro because I was testing some trial anti-virus software. When I go to grc.com Shields UP, I cannot access the website to see if I am secure. Could this mean I have a problem with ZA Pro? I tested Kasperksy's Trial AV but I also couldn't get that to update so I had to un-install it.

I can access SHIELDS UP on another computer but I am running a free firewall on that one so I can't test it out to see whether it is the computer or the software.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Can't tell if ZA is secure

There should be no reason as to why one PC on your local are network can contact gr.com and another PC on your local area network can not contact gr.com

This is not related to the ZA.

You may have some form of filtering/site/network/additional firewall filtering or blocking that exists on one PC and not the other. Check your other security applications for the issue.

By the way, if the Sheilds Up! test are done from behind the router/gateway, then it is not the actual PC (and it;s firewall) that is getting port tested, but instead the router/gateway/nat enabled modem that is getting port tested.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

webdev Guest

Default Re: Can't tell if ZA is secure

The problem WAS with ZoneAlarm. I had to turn OFF Ad Blocking. Then I was able to access the ShieldsUP program.

Thread Information