Thread: virus scan ,6 hours and running.

novicetj Guest

Default virus scan ,6 hours and running.

Downloaded zass 7.0483.000 on 7-13-08.Immediately slowed all commands .Prior to download I would scann WITH PREVIOUS ZASS VER.daily for virus in 50 minutes and spyware 45 minutes.Now my 7.0483.000 virus scan runs for 6 hours and never ends nor does it get to the spyware scan.Problem occurred immediately after new download.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: virus scan ,6 hours and running.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>NOVICETJ wrote:
    Downloaded zass 7.0483.000 on 7-13-08.Immediately slowed all commands .Prior to download I would scann WITH PREVIOUS ZASS VER.daily for virus in 50 minutes and spyware 45 minutes.Now my 7.0483.000 virus scan runs for 6 hours and never ends nor does it get to the spyware scan.Problem occurred immediately after new download.

<HR>The Very First Scan after install will use the Default Scan Method, which is is an Ultra DEEPat Medium SpeedScan of everything, Memory, and all Files incuding Archives etc..To speed up the future scans.. click on Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware, Click on the Advanced Option,Click on Scan Mode, Select Normal Scan.. Click OKClick on Scan Options andchange Scan Priority to HIGH.. Click OKThis should Help..</BLOCKQUOTE>http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1216417727--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.483.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.483.000
    Driver version:7.0.483.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:955278856
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200807.4245
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tonybuck Guest

As your illustration shows, and as my experience confirms, there is noopportunity to set the scan mode.
    Am I missing something?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sorry, You can Only chang the Scan Option to HIGH, that will cut the Scan time down..The Scan Mode option is still being Tested..If you notice it taking too long to load programs, you can Disable ON-Access Scan..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:955427988
    GeorgeV

ortramnew Guest

<blockquote><hr>tonybuck wrote:
    As your illustration shows, and as my experience confirms, there is noopportunity to set the scan mode.
    Am I missing something?
    <hr></blockquote>
    Hi, I had lots of trouble getting Zone Alarm Security Suite to work after a hardware upgrade to my computer, it just didn't work how it used to. One thing I continually notice when I downloaded the program was that the Program Components weren't opening up. I tried to tick the box to open them and it still stayed closed. Then I was attacked by malware, which took out my Control Panel, amongst other things. I went back into ZAISS, into the scan options in the antivirus/spyware scans section Advanced options, where I noticed that the New Program came standard with the box ticked which says &quot;don't scan anything over 8meg. I opened that up, and set for a deep scan, which took out six viruses, including a couple of trojans. I then got an antimalware scanner &amp; scanned for malware, as ZAISS didn't seem to be able to get rid of the Malware. That took out the malware, then rescanned and kept on with scans regularly for a couple of days, had to reset ZAISS after the Malware was taken out, but it seems to have settled down now. Was getting lots of red alerts prior to this,and this has also come good, and am now getting the alerts I would expect to from the program.
    Hope you can use something in this. Cheers, Wendy

novicetj Guest

George ,thank you for you effort in trying to help in correcting the never ending scan.Unfortunately it did not resolve the issue.

George ,thank you for you effort in trying to help in correcting the never ending scan.Unfortunately it did not resolve the issue.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback..Don't give up Yet..You can Contact ZA Tech Support directly for FREE at www.zonealarm.com/tsform (Preferably with IE7 Browser), They may have a Suggestion or Fix we don't know about.. Please give as much detail as possible and when you click on the SUBMIT button you will receive an Auto-generated confirmation Email with your Case Number, usually withing 30 minutes, and a Reply from Tech Support ASAP..Plrease keep us posted on your progress..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:955546931
    GeorgeV

novicetj Guest

George
    Follow up .
    I did finally get help from z.a .The technician suggestion was implemented on 8-4-08.It created more problems .It left me with removing zass from computer and unable to install the download zass.I wrote back to tell him it it did not work.Could not wait any longer .
    Used my original 3 user cd to install the zass(just seem i wasted a license).
    i am going to ask the forum for help as to what goes into the various zones.

thank you for your assistance but it took close to 3 weeks before any help came from za.

Thread Information