Thread: Problem installing internet security

mustbenightmare Guest

Default Problem installing internet security

Hi, I downloaded the latest internet security today to try out this software. It gets stuck at 21% trying to install zlquarantine.dll. I have a 32 bit windows xp media center edition vaio laptop. What do you guys think? Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: Problem installing internet security

<blockquote><hr>mustbenightmare wrote:
    Hi, I downloaded the latest internet security today to try out this software. It gets stuck at 21% trying to install zlquarantine.dll. I have a 32 bit windows xp media center edition vaio laptop. What do you guys think? Thanks

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:

Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>Welcome to the ZoneAlarm User forum..
    1.)
    There is a slight difference in the Operating System between Windows XP Home or XP Pro
    and Windows
    XP Media Center Edition

I did a Forum Database Search in the Red Search Box and found this..
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b....id=631#M44967
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/s...center+edition+
    2.)
    a Few
    Users have been able to install and Use ZoneAlarm Security Suite on MCE XP Computers, by making Sure the XP was Fully Updated with all the Windows Update and Service packs,, Make sure you have Lots of free Hard drive space and at least 512 Meg Ram, Preferably 1 GB..
    3.) Please note that ZA for XP does not always play nice with many security tools. For example, Norton, McAfee, ad-aware, Ad-watch, AVG 8, spybotS&amp;D, Spyware Doctor, Spysweeper. For sure it cannot be installed if you have still another Antivirus software or Firewall (other than Windows Firewall) installed or active.
    4.) have you properly un-installed any previous firewall and/or anti-virus?? = this needs to be done - http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...message.id=154
    . Most new pc/laptops come with pre-installed security software, which should be properly un-installed prior to installing any ZoneAlarm firewall product. <hr>

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.483.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.483.000
    Driver version:7.0.483.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:957504589
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4395
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Thread Information