Thread: installation problems on Win Vista with zaSetup_en.exe

blb Guest

Default installation problems on Win Vista with zaSetup_en.exe

Hello guys,I have a
    new computer with Vista preinstalled and want to install free version of ZoneAlarm. I am able to download zaSetup_en.exe program but when I run it it gives me the following error message (after it asks me to choose operating system and if I want to download and install or download only; I chose download only):Setup was unable to find the msi package or patch'http://redirect.zonelabs.com/redirect/route?mode=1&app=inclient&date=1&dest= stub&oem=1025&prod=0&lang=en&link_ id=2'
    I tried other suggestions I found on this forum (i.e. clearing IE cache, removing previously downloaded files) but to no avail.
    However when I download the Pro version installer zapSetup_en.exe and run it it works fine (i.e. it downloads the installation program without any problems).
    Seems like there is a problem with zaSetup_en.exe for Vista.Is there a way to directly download the installation program?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

hammernu Guest

Default Re: installation problems on Win Vista with zaSetup_en.exe

Here is a link to ZoneAlarm (Free) for Windows Vista:
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ory_vista.html

FYI, to get to the above link, do the following:
    www.zonealarm.com

Support (click on Support, not the dropdown entries)

Product-Specific Support (click on product)

Release History (at bottom of page)

When you get to the Release History page, the versions will be for Windows XP. Notice the line at the top of the page:
    The latest ZoneAlarm release is 7.0.483.000. For release histories that apply specifically to products used on the Windows Vista platform, go here.
    Make sure you click on the "here" link to get to the Vista versions.

mdldesign Guest

And the error continues:

Setup was unable to find the msi package or patch
    'http://redirect.zonelabs.com/redirect/route?mode=1&app=inclient&date=1&dest= stub&oem=1025 =0 =en&link_id=2'

mdldesign Guest

After downloading the follow4ing 2 files

zaSetup_en.exe seems to point to a broken link when run, and we get the following error:

'http://redirect.zonelabs.com/redirect/route?mode=1&app=inclient&date=1&dest= stub&oem=1025 =0 =en&link_id=2'

While

zasuiteSetup_en.exe connects to a good link then downloads the executable file correctly.

Maybe the required file isn't where it should be?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>mdldesign wrote:
    After downloading the follow4ing 2 files

zaSetup_en.exe seems to point to a broken link when run, and we get the following error:

'http://redirect.zonelabs.com/redirect/route?mode=1&amp;app=inclient&amp;date=1&amp;dest= stub&amp;oem=1025 =0 =en&amp;link_id=2'

While

zasuiteSetup_en.exe connects to a good link then downloads the executable file correctly.

Maybe the required file isn't where it should be?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    1.) The MSI (MicroSoft Installer) error is a Windows Error indicating the the File you tried to install or Run, was Corrupted or an Incomplete Download..This usually occurs on Dialup Connections that use a Download Manager or Accellerator, or if you Play Music or Games or surf the internet while the Download is in progress..2.) what version of ZoneAlarm and what Flavor were you trying to Download? Free, Security Suite, AV or AS?
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

balkac Guest

I ran into this problem last week and found that by turning off Windows pop-up blocker and anti-pfishing filter (within Internet Explorer), the download and installation of the free version of Zonealarm proceeded correctly with Windows Vista Home Premium edition.
    Hope this helps!

mdldesign Guest

The free version: zaSetup_en.exe

Since one installer works (Suite), and one installer doesn't (Free), I suspected it was the fault of the free installer.

I do not use any of the things you mentioned.

I've been using the free version of ZoneAlarm for many many years, but had a problem today once I installed the SP1 update to MS Vista.

Don't ask me why I'm using Vista, I've wondered that myself many many times. Maybe because it cost way too much...

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>mdldesign wrote:
    The free version: zaSetup_en.exe

Since one installer works (Suite), and one installer doesn't (Free), I suspected it was the fault of the free installer.

I do not use any of the things you mentioned.

I've been using the free version of ZoneAlarm for many many years, but had a problem today once I installed the SP1 update to MS Vista.

Don't ask me why I'm using Vista, I've wondered that myself many many times. Maybe because it cost way too much...

Thanks
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Ok Here is a Direct Link to ZAFree 7.1.254.000 for Vista Sp1..http://dl4.zonealarm.com/u/dlr/bin/f...254_000_en.exe (Preferably use IE7 Browser to Download ZA for vista and do not use any Download Manager or accelerator as these can Corrupt the Download and Result in an MSI Error)Accept the default settings durring Install and Choose the TRUSTED Zone and not the INTERNET Zone..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information