Thread: Error message "setup was unable to find the msi package or patch"

kuliann Guest

Default Error message "setup was unable to find the msi package or patch"

Hi
    I'm trying to intall the free firewall.
    I've clicked the download link and have installed something which has appeared on my desktop,
    called zonealarm downloader.
    When i follow the screen prompts, it starts to download, then gives me the error message "setup was unable to find the msi package or patch".
    I have just uninstalled norton 360. I've tried deleting the zonealarm downloader and emptying the recycle bin, deleting internet history and cookies.
    (I saw this advice offered to somebody else on here.)
    I'm still getting the same error message.
    I'm not sure what
    to do next.
    Please can anyone help.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Error message "setup was unable to find the msi package or patch"

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>kuliann wrote:
    HiI'm trying to intall the free firewall. I've clicked the download link and have installed something which has appeared on my desktop, called zonealarm downloader. When i follow the screen prompts, it starts to download, then gives me the error message "setup was unable to find the msi package or patch".I have just uninstalled norton 360. I've tried deleting the zonealarm downloader and emptying the recycle bin, deleting internet history and cookies. (I saw this advice offered to somebody else on here.) I'm still getting the same error message.I'm not sure what to do next.Please can anyone help.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>1.) MSI stands for "MicroSoft Installer", The error message "setup was unable to find the msi package or patch".is telling you that the file you downloaded was incomplete or Corrupted durring the Download.., this may happen if you used a Download Manager/Accellerator or did not use MS IE Browser, or were Playing Games/Music or surfing the net while Downloading a file..2.) This is just my 2 cents worth,If your having problem installing ZAFree, ZA Anti-Virus or ZA Security Suite and have ever uninstalleda previous installation of Norton 360,Systemworks or Norton AntiVirus, or Norton Security Suite 2008/2009when you use ADD/Remove to Remove any of Symantec Norton utilities, especially their Norton 360 or Anti-Virus program, they still leave lots of traces behind after the "UNINSTALL"Fortunately SYMANTEC has a Fix for this problem on the Symantec web site called "NORTON REMOVAL TOOL" that does a better job of REMOVING ALL traces of Norton Symantec files..here is the Link to the Symantec Norton Removal Tool..http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...ent&amp;seg=hmHere is the Link to McAfee Removal Tool..http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocumen...64&amp;lc=1033
    3.) here is more Information about ZAFreehttp://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=34772--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite 32-Bit version:8.0.015.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.015.000
    Driver version:8.0.015.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:958096885
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4485 &lt;== New Update
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 08-27-2008 01:27 PM
    GeorgeV