Thread: Upgrade from ZA antispyware 7.0.483?

Default Upgrade from ZA antispyware 7.0.483?

I currently have ZA Antispyware 7.0.483
    According to the catalog of products
    http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...comparison.jsp
    ZA Antispyware is no longer offered under that name, but ZA Pro is labelled as 'Firewall + antispyware', so presumably that is now the equivalent product to what I have. Can someone confirm that is correct?
    Can I upgrade to v 8 ZA pro on top of my current ZA antispyware and if so will it recognise my ZA antispyware key? I still have 76 days left on my current license.
    If not, I'll wait a couple of months...

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro SP3
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware

Message Edited by JRosenfeld on 08-29-2008 10:38 PM

Default Re: Upgrade from ZA antispyware 7.0.483?

Hopefully this link will help answer your questions.

http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...try=US&lang=en

NNard

ZASS/ZA Pro

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Upgrade from ZA AntiSpyware 7.0.483?

For those of us who are still using ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware firewall product 7.0.483<hr>Important Notice: click here &gt; http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...US&amp;lang=en :0<hr>
    ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware

ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware is included in ZoneAlarm Pro and is no longer a standalone product. ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware will be supported, but at time of renewal, ZoneAlarm Pro is the next product in the line up that includes Anti-Spyware along with firewall and ID Protection. If you are a current user of ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware, you can switch to ZoneAlarm Pro for free just by using your current license key.

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.zonealarm.com/store/content/support/zaas/zaasMain.jsp?dc=12bms&amp;ctry=US&amp;lang=en#1">W hy is ZoneAlarm discontinuing its ZoneAlarm
    Anti-Spyware standalone product? </a>

How do I switch from Anti-Spyware to Pro for free?

What do I need to do?

What do I need to do?

Will there be updates to the product?

What happens if I encounter a bug?

What other products are available to me from ZoneAlarm?

Will there be any changes to the product?

What happens if my subscription recently expired or will expire soon?
    10. What happens if I purchased the Extended Download, Back-up Disk, or one of the other partner products that ZoneAlarm sells?
    11. Support Resources

<a target="_blank"></a>1. Why is ZoneAlarm discontinuing its ZoneAlarm
    Anti-Spyware standalone product?

ZoneAlarm is discontinuing selling ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware as a standalone product, because it is almost identical to ZoneAlarm Pro. ZoneAlarm Pro includes everything that was in ZoneAlarm Anti-spyware plus some additional Identity Protection. By focusing more on ZoneAlarm Pro, we can deliver better, safer products. ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware users can switch to Pro for FREE.

In response to customer demand for more feature-rich security solutions, ZoneAlarm will be introducing new products that provide stronger and more comprehensive Internet protection. ZoneAlarm will continue to provide support for ZoneAlarm IMsecure users that have valid subscriptions until the subscription expires.

ZoneAlarm continually evaluates product offerings to ensure the features and services address current and future customer needs.

<a target="_blank"></a>2. How do I switch from Anti-Spyware to Pro for free?
    Just download a free trial of ZoneAlarm Pro and insert your license key from ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware.

<a target="_blank"></a>3. What do I need to do?
    At time of renewal, you can select to renew to ZoneAlarm Pro - which has anti-spyware along with firewall and identity theft protection, or you can select to get the most advanced PC security with Internet Security Suite.

<a target="_blank"></a>4. What are my options for customer support?
    4. What are my options for customer support? Of course, help is available to you if you have questions on Anti-spyware. You will still be able to obtain assistance by using our free Instant Support (Web-based Technical Support Agent) that includes Web form support as well as our online community forum.

<a target="_blank"></a>5. Will there be updates to the product?
    Yes, you will still be able to obtain assistance by using our free Instant Support (Web-based Technical Support Agent) that includes Web form support as well as our online community forum.

<a target="_blank"></a>6. What happens if I encounter a bug?
    We will continue to support the product so you can utilize the online support and other services we have. Even better, switch to ZoneAlarm Pro for free.

<a target="_blank"></a>7. What other products are available to me from ZoneAlarm?
    ZoneAlarm offers a wide variety of consumer security products. Click here for the full list.

<a target="_blank"></a>8. Will there be any changes to the product?
    ZoneAlarm Pro will continue to be updated, but ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware standalone will not.

<a target="_blank"></a>9. What happens if my subscription recently expired or will expire soon?
    If your subscription has recently expired (past 30 days), or will be expiring soon (within the next 30 days), you may purchase one of our other products including ZoneAlarm
    Pro or ZoneAlarm
    Internet Security Suite*. Please click the &quot;Renew&quot; button (Overview panel | &quot;Product Info&quot within your product for information on our other products and special pricing for continuing as a ZoneAlarm customer.

*You may take the special offer upgrade to ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite at a discount for the duration of your subscription. However, once your subscription expires, you will not be eligible for that promotional offer... continues -
    click first link above.

:0

<hr>This notice does not affect ZA Pro or ZA Suite users who have ZA anti-spyware modules/ scanners - this is an entirely different product category. Inorder to upgrade to 8.0 most of us will need to upgrade to ZA Pro 8.0. Those of us who still have ZA AntiSpyware 7.0.483 and will expire by ~
    November 2008 - we will have to till
    then to decide; we can still use our 7.0.483 as far as we can - we will still get daily anti-spyware update definitions.
    <hr> NaiveMelody NYC 8-29-08 - The Rain, The Park And Other Things - The Cowsills

ZoneAlarm Anti-spyware version:7.0.483.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.483.000
    Driver version:7.0.483.000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4505

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 08-29-2008 10:37 PM

Default Re: Upgrade from ZA antispyware 7.0.483?

Thank you both for your helpful replies.
    I should have looked harder myself before posting, sorry.

Thread Information