Thread: Cannot install Zonealarm Security Suite on Vista home basic on an Acer laptop

whatto Guest

Default Cannot install Zonealarm Security Suite on Vista home basic on an Acer laptop

I get the message "Zonealarm client has stopped working" and asked by an MSFT window to stop program and install fails. This happens as the ZASS install is configuring the product. I am installing from a downloaded copy of ZASS. I had McAfee trial which I uninstalled and subsequently used their MCPR tool to remove the product completely.I tried to install ZASS about 2 months ago when the hardware was new but got the same issues and ended up reimaging it and using Mcaffee for 60 days free.I am unable to get to any of the options for configuring ZASS.Have windows firewall off but
    defender is running.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Cannot install Zonealarm Security Suite on Vista home basic on an Acer laptop - fixed

Click on this link > http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=78568
    - try the fix explained.<hr>http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645
    - follow tips and guidelines.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 9-3-08 -
    Papa Was A Rollin' Stone - The Temptations

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 09-03-2008 10:38 PM

whatto Guest

Default Re: Cannot install Zonealarm Security Suite on Vista home basic on an Acer laptop

Ah Ha!Uninstalling Acer eDataSecurity Management and rebooting has done the trick.On restart ZASS continued the configuration from the last point it got to before the trouble.It's all been configured and is doing a full scan now.Thanks for your prompt help.
    Whatto

Thread Information