Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major Problems in the Latest update 09/04/08 for XP.

nithya Guest

Default Major Problems in the Latest update 09/04/08 for XP.

I installed the latest version of Zone alarm suites (8) just a couple of hours back.
    I Lost my Internet connectivity. I tried to uninstall, it gave me a lot of errors.
    Last part of the installation is failing with an error,

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permission to access the items".

I never expected this from a company like Zone Alarm.
    Please correct it ASAP. I am loosing my working hours on my computer. All my work is through Internet and my computer is in XP professional SP3.

God Bless.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

yaffa Guest

Default Re: Major Problems in the Latest update 09/04/08 for XP.

I have updated the ZA Suite to ver 8 downloaded yesterday.
    Used Update option.
    Installation went without a problem.

OS = WinXP SP3 fully updated

Problems:
    Lost Internet access, both IE7 and Firefox 3, although email (both Outlook 2k and Outlook Express) were working.
    Shutting down ZA was restoring Internet access.
    PC shutdowns were taking of something 5 minutes of windows saving settings. Start-ups - no problem.

Tried System Restore - did not work - it reported that it had not make any changes to PC.

Luckily I had recent Ghost image, so I reverted to it, disabled ZA Auto Update and all looks fine.

I guess we need to wait for ZA to come up with apology and a fix.

Cheers
    Yaffa

Message Edited by yaffa on 09-05-2008 05:34 PM

arcticfats Guest

I got prompt from Zone Alarm Security Agent that a new update available (V8) for Zone Alarm. Downloaded and while trying to install got the error message: "Invalid Install Log File" It locked up the install. I tried a few times and always got the same result at 3-5% complete. I then tried "Clean Install" instead of upgrade and got the same error message. I NOW HAVE NO ANTI-VIRUS PROTECTION and NO ANTI-SPYWARE PROTECTION on my V7.0. Thanks a lot Zone alarm! Anybody got a fix???

Hi!

remove ZA by booting in SAFE MODE. See here:
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=103

Then reinstall it..... remove any other security tool before.
    Download it here: www.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload/

Cheers,
    Fax

Message Edited by fax on 09-05-2008 10:42 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

mdlewis Guest

I had the same issues after.
    1.. Downloading as prompted by the product2.. running a Clean install not an upgrade3. Install ran prompted to reboot, rebooted, waiited.... didn't see anything going on nor an install completed then kicked it off again. This may have been my error! No ZA was running4. various error messages as noted above5. rebooted but the machine just hung after the password prompt...in panic mode now!6. booted to Safe Mode and removed ZA, removed any ZA directories or files still about, cleaned any ZA references out of the Registry...major paranoia at this point...7. installed again back in regular mode8. install hung at 100% with the TMP file at 99%...left the machien this way for 20 min then gave up and killed the TMP file job. ZA seems to be installed and working fine now

Whew...bit bumpier than usual I must say. Hope the new version is worth it.

Please Report the Details of your problem Directly to ZoneAlarm Tech Support www.zonealarm.com/tsform (preferably wit IE Browser) Thank You..---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.020.000 32-Bit
    TrueVector version:8.0.020.000
    Driver version:8.0.020.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:958698279
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200809.4545
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1 (32-Bit)
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:8.0.015.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.015.000
    Driver version:8.0.015.000
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200809.4545
    A Vast 4.8 Anti-Virus Home Edition
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

steveinva Guest

I experienced similar weirdness after doing a clean install of ZA Internet Security/Antivirus 8.0 on my up-to-date XP system. Specifically:

--Some printer connection problems (didn't recognize my default printer) (See below re constantly installing a printer driver).
    --Nearly everything seems to be running slower.
    --Outgoing e-mail (via Outlook) hung and would not send over a period of more than two hours.
    --In trying to fix the above, I found that ZA had (evidently) zapped out my WinXP restore points, so there was no way to go back.
    --By looking at "available restore points" (none of which worked), I also found that since I installed the new ZA, for some reason the program (some program?) has installed "printer driver capturefax bvrp" over FIFTY (50) times PER DAY. If it's so busy installing and reinstalling a printer driver, it's no wonder it can't process anything else effectively.
    --Finally, XP hung when shutting down; the only way I was able to shut down was to pull the plug.

So far (fingers crossed) it's working OK since reboot.

dshe Guest

Well it's not only XP, my daughter downloaded last night on her Windows 95 and she can access Internet, login to e-mail, but the system won't let her read her mail!
    Yes, as soon as we shut down ZA she could read her mail.
    It also wouldn't let her login to My Space at all.
    ZA you need to fix ASAP, come on guys...I am not downloading on my XP after reading all the problems it sounds too scary and technical for me!

Please Report the Details of your problem Directly to ZoneAlarm Tech Support www.zonealarm.com/tsform (preferably wit IE Browser) Thank You..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.015.000
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:958751962
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200809.4555
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>DSHE wrote:
    Well it's not only XP, my daughter downloaded last night on her Windows 95 and she can access Internet, login to e-mail, but the system won't let her read her mail! Yes, as soon as we shut down ZA she could read her mail. It also wouldn't let her login to My Space at all. ZA you need to fix ASAP, come on guys...I am not downloading on my XP after reading all the problems it sounds too scary and technical for me!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>1.)There are Over 60 Million Users of 32-Bit ZoneAlarm world Wide.. and Very Few People ever log onto a Support Forum to say how Great the Program is, This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..
    IMPORTANT NOTE: ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do notRead this Forum..There are two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Customer Service www.zonealarm.com/csform or Click on the Customer Service Icon at the Bottom of this Message..ZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform
    2.) ZoneAlarm No longer Support Windows 95,98/ME or Windows 2000..Windows 95/98se/ME

Support Discontinued
    On July 11, 2006, Microsoft will end support for Windows 98, 98SE and Me, which will have the resulting effect of making these operating systems less secure (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sup...ofsupport.mspx). Windows 98/Me are older operating systems, and therefore inherently more vulnerable to attacks than newer operating systems. Now that Microsoft will no longer provide security updates to this operating system it will become increasingly prone to security vulnerabilities.

Accordingly, Check Point will cease to support Windows 98/98SE/Me with the introduction of our version 6.5 ZoneAlarm family of products including ZoneAlarm
    Internet Security Suite, ZoneAlarm
    Pro, ZoneAlarm
    Antivirus, ZoneAlarm
    Anti-Spyware, and ZoneAlarm

Note about pre-6.5 products:<UL><LI>Pre-6.5 products will continue to run on the Windows 98/98SE/Me operating system. However, there are a few new and advanced protection features in ZoneAlarm products that will not run due to technical limitations of this operating system. ZoneAlarm strongly recommends upgrading to a supported and current version of the Windows operating system. <LI>ZoneAlarm may end services to pre-6.5 products at any time. &lt;&lt;&lt; http://forum.zonelabs.org/i/smilies/...-surprised.gif</LI>[/list]

* - Windows 95 is no longer supported

--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.015.000
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:958751962
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200809.4555
    GeorgeV