Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.020.000 Shut down/log off hangs up

airdawg Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.020.000 Shut down/log off hangs up

I am running an XP machine with service pack 3. As soon as I installed Security Suite Version 8.0 on my box and laptop, both running same XP version by the way. When shutting down both systems hang up. Same happens when I log off to switch to another user. I have done clean installs as mentioned in previous threads. I have checked to see if any of my USB connected peripherals where causing it by using pervious threads. There were no problems there. I have notice a significant change in speed for loading webpages as well as programs in general. I noticed that vsmon.exe is using well over half of my CPU resources, which did not happen on the pervious version of ZASS. Do you all have any ideas as to what the heck is the problem. I can say this machine runs fine with out ZASS 8.0. And ran great with the earlier version.

Zone Alarm I am running

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.020.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.020.000
    Driver version:8.0.020.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:958902849
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200809.4555
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957

My machine info
    Windows XP 5.1
    Service pack 3
    Build 2600

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by airdawg on 09-07-2008 08:48 PM

rajah Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.020.000 Shut down/log off hangs up

I have had issues with Ver 8 taking a long time to go from
    screen save
    to
    Windows Log-in, to login to my account after I press the User Account icon, and also when shutting off.
    However, when I uncheck the "Enable On-Access Scanning" box in the Anti-virus/Spyware window under Advanced options, the problem goes away.
    Try it and see if it works for you too.
    It is recommnded that this option be checked.
    I do not know what problems may be created if this option is unchecked.

airdawg Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.020.000 Shut down/log off hangs up

It seems to work, however that is turning off your protection. I do thank you for your input.

pmarsh Guest

Thanks works for me! Hopefully this is an easy fix for Check Point to make disabling the Anti virus software before you shutdown is a bit extreme, don't forget to re-enable after booting up.

youngjm Guest

<blockquote><hr>pmarsh wrote:
    Thanks works for me! Hopefully this is an easy fix for Check Point to make disabling the Anti virus software before you shutdown is a bit extreme, don't forget to re-enable after booting up.
    <hr></blockquote>

While this works, this is very dangerous to your overall protection. This fix needs to come from Check Point. The best fix for this issue is downgrading to version 7.

2harts4ever Guest

Morning Rajah,

Please report your findings to CheckPoint. You might have discovered the cause of the slow shut down problems being reported.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..VERY IMPORTANT: Please Report the details of your Problem Directly to ZA Tech Support for FREE at www.zonealarm.com/tsform (preferably withIE Browser)1.) The more Users that Report this AV/AS Update problem directly to Tech Support, with their Details and what they did to try and resolve the issue, the Sooner Tech support will find a FIX for the problem..2.) I Suggest going back to ZASS Version 7.0.483.000 Until the Developers come up with a Fix..Go to the following Forum Link and follow the Instructions..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b....id=14945#M184Thank You..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

zonealarmalexs Guest

Still it's no solution disabling the very thing that protects your PC! I seem to remember this was exactly the same thing happened when Zone Alarm 7 came out. I upgraded thinking they wouldn't make the same mistakes that they did when ZA7 came out, so I'll risk upgrading - I WAS WRONG AGAIN!!! Maybe it will work by XMAS. This should have been released to a larger testing group, we are using Beta software here.

Well all I know, is that ONLY the ZASS 8.0.020.000 was Released early..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

airdawg Guest

Just wanted to let you all know. 1. I did let support know about my issue and 2. I went back to ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.483.000.
    Computer is back to normal and is working great.
    Thanks for everyones input.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information