Thread: Since upgrade my computer is acting very strange!

crystalcoach Guest

Default Since upgrade my computer is acting very strange!

Since I upgraded to the newest Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite, weird things are happening on my computer. For instance, when I open Microsoft Word...it freezes and will not respond. When I click to print a document, it takes ten minutes (yes, that's right) for my computer to print the danged thing. And when I restart? heck, i can go to the bathroom, make a cup of coffee, feed the animals and go get the mail before the restart kicks in. None of these issues presented before I did the upgrade.

I have done virus scans, spy ware scans, i even uninstalled Microsoft word and reinstalled it. What is going on??? And how do I go back to the older version and remove this newer one??

thank you.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

thorhall Guest

Default Re: Since upgrade my computer is acting very strange!

Did you do a clean install and not upgrade? Best to do clean install and start over to avoid issues.

crystalcoach Guest

Default Re: Since upgrade my computer is acting very strange!

I did an upgrade. However, after reading quite a few other frustrated posts, I decided to uninstall the newest version and then reinstall the older version. Everything works fine now. I think i will stay with the 7.0 version. This is the second time in less than two months that updates have screwed my computer up. Thanks for the suggestion though!!

Thread Information