Thread: ZA Security Suite 8 Upgrade is not an upgrade.

tripplec Guest

Default ZA Security Suite 8 Upgrade is not an upgrade.

I received an alert last week that Version 8 update was available as with others in the 7.0 series. I had an option to download and install it. So I thought why not as previous
    updates completed without issues. Well after selecting UPGRADE in the installer and NOT clean install. I now found that it is a new program requiring a different serial number. Hence a purchase is required to continue with it. I will have to go back to 7.0 but saw others having problems. Why offer and upgrade which requires and new
    purchase without specifying it beforehand. I don't want to buy and new version if that is what its about.

Message Edited by tripplec on 09-11-2008 06:22 PM

Default Re: ZA Security Suite 8 Upgrade is not an upgrade.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>tripplec wrote:
    I received an alert last week that Version 8 update was available as with others in the 7.0 series. I had an option to download and install it. So I thought why not as previous updates completed without issues. Well after selecting UPGRADE in the installer and NOT clean install. I now found that it is a new program requiring a different serial number. Hence a purchase is required to continue with it. I will have to go back to 7.0 but saw others having problems. Why offer and upgrade which requires and new purchase without specifying it beforehand. I don't want to buy and new version if that is what its about.

Message Edited by tripplec on 09-11-2008 06:22 PM
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>As long as your License for version 7.0 has not expired, you may upgrade to version 8.0 for Free,However, I do not recommend upgrading at this time due to a few problems with 8.0.020.000I Suggest going back to ZASS Version 7.0.483.000Until the Developers come up with a Fix.. for 8.0
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information