Thread: Temporary uninstallation ?

milandri Guest

Default Temporary uninstallation ?

Hello,
    here is my problem : I use ZA Pro as well as Kaspersky AV. I need to switch to the newest version of Kaspersky but, to do so, I need to uninstall ZA (Kaspersky's installation is telling me I need to completely uninstall ZA, shutting it down is not good enough). I'm afraid I won't be able to reinstall ZA afterwards (I purchased a 2-yr licence more than 1 year ago).
    I like both products and would like to keep them both.
    Is there a solution ?
    Thanks !

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Temporary uninstallation of ZA for KAV upgrade

The 'temporary un-installation' of any paid ZA firewall has no effect on your paid subsription and license key; the license key will allow you to re-install/ un-install
    as many times as needed as per pc/ subscription use. The license key 'is the critical item' - write it down on a piece of paper or if you have the ZA email - receipt print-out from original web purchase.<hr>1) yes, you will need to temporarily un-install all of ZA before upgrading
    your KAV. Click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...=104028#M81214
    - follow the basic un-install instructions for ZA
    2) upgrade KAV as per their recommendations - you may want to check with their web site for more suggestions/ info.
    3) get KAV up and running for a small bit, then time to install ZA Pro &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645
    - (if you choose- you may temporarily shut-down KAV just prior to ZA install) the safer bet would be 7.0.483 /,/ 8.0.15 if you want /,/ 8.0.20 not encouraged at the moment - but still your
    discretion. Enter license key - you should be good to go.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 9-11-08 -
    It's Like That - Run DMC

Thread Information