Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is ZA On the latest problems with ver 8.xxxxx

madmacuk Guest

Default Re: Where is ZA On the latest problems with ver 8.xxxxx

Like Tipper, I too have sent ZA a report
    highlighting the slow response time of my computer programmes ever since I downloaded V8 but I have not had a response.I guess it's because my computer is now so slow that
    the message
    never got to it's destination!Please note that I have been using ZA Security Suite for a number of years now and my computer is slowing down considerably. This is why I think it is:1. Like all security programmes it works in the background and uses up RAM leaving less to run the programmes like Word, Photoshop, Excel and graphics packages. My computer used to work perfectly well with 512Mb RAM but now it is insufficient. I've added another 2Gb but still not enough.2.
    All
    replacement
    software programmes are more
    power hungry than their previous ones. That is why Vista has to have a Core Duo or ad Core chipsets, one set to power the background software and the other set to power the visible programmes.
    I have been advised by my IT guy that all that is necessary is to have a router with Firewall + free AVi or free ZA
    Comments anyone?

prof_fate Guest

<blockquote><hr>madmacuk wrote:

I have been advised by my IT guy that all that is necessary is to have a router with Firewall + free AVi or free ZA
    Comments anyone?
    <hr></blockquote>1.) Your Computer is ONLY as safe as the Person using it..
    2.) If your very Careful, and don't Click on Attachments to your Email, and careful where you Surf on the Internet and don't click on Pop-ups and Free
    Computer/Laptop offeres etc.. then what your IT guy
    said is OK..

3.) but if your not very Careful on wqhere you Surf or you like to Play Online games, Visit Questionable Web-sites or click on all POP-ups and Email Attachments,then Even the Best Software Protection CAN NOT PROTECT YOU from Yourself..

Message Edited by Prof_Fate on 09-17-2008 12:45 PM

tipper Guest

To All,
    The reason you hear nothing from me is Ike got us. I am only back on line temporally we have no power and don't expect some for at least 5 days. I do have a generator but limit it's use to power for the refridg. and freezer.

Tipper

2harts4ever Guest

Hi Tipper,

What you are going through having to deal with the havoc 'Ike' brought your way makes the so-called 'problems' I am having with the new ZAISS seem very insignificant.

Good luck to you and yours!

Regards,

2harts4ever

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Tipper wrote:
    To All,
    The reason you hear nothing from me is Ike got us. I am only back on line temporally we have no power and don't expect some for at least 5 days. I do have a generator but limit it's use to power for the refridg. and freezer.

Tipper
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Good Luck in your Recovery..I lucked out by living in South Central Texas.. 150orsomiles north of you..My my area istrying to takecare of 40,000Evacuees and their pets from the Gulf Coast..
    Checkpoint Developers have just released a New BETA 8.0.052,000 to test a possible Bug fix..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.052.000 (32-Bit)
    TrueVector version:8.0.052.000
    Driver version:8.0.052.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:959580869
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200809.4625
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

drdroege Guest

I have tried uninstalling ver8 and reinstalling ver7, but I get an error saying that I am not authorized to install ver7.
    (btw, I am the sole user/adminstrator for this machine).
    It will only allow me to reinstall ver8.
    Is there a concise document somewhere that steps through the uninstall ver8 / reinstall ver 7 process?

martied Guest

GeorgeV,I followed your instructions for removing ZA (Under &quot;ZoneAlarm Installation/Re: dissapointed with zonealarm) and reinstalling and ALL my issues have gone away. The issues I had were extreme slowness accessing desktop items, Start Menu, very slow browsing the Internet and scanning taking several hours. The version I am using is 8.0.020.000.
    I did not know how to contact you so I am doing so thru this forum. Thanks for the very clear instructions!
    Regards,
    Martied

if you already tried clean uninstall, manual uninstall and SAFE MODE, I am afraid I have no futher suggestion than a OS refresh.Have you peraphs tried this instruction to remove ZA completely?Here: http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=103I Suggest going back to ZASS Version 7.0.483.000Until the Developers come up with a Fix..Go to the following Forum Link and follow the Instructions..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b....id=14945#M184
    GeorgeV

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>martied wrote:
    GeorgeV,I followed your instructions for removing ZA (Under "ZoneAlarm Installation/Re: dissapointed with zonealarm) and reinstalling and ALL my issues have gone away. The issues I had were extreme slowness accessing desktop items, Start Menu, very slow browsing the Internet and scanning taking several hours. The version I am using is 8.0.020.000. I did not know how to contact you so I am doing so thru this forum. Thanks for the very clear instructions!Regards,Martied
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you very much for your Feedback..I am Glad things worked out for you.. http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...eV2/th_1ok.gif
    GeorgeV

mgupta Guest

I am using XP SP3.I downloaded the 8.0.020.000 a while ago (few weeks ago) but never got around to installing it.Yesterday, I installed it and ofcourse I am in the middle of the things that everyone is talking about.
    I did not read the forum before installing !!So I have two options: Uninstall or just stick with it for a few more days, since the new beta is circulating for a over a week.
    My question:

Approximately, how long a version in in beta before it is released.

Or &quot;as the subject says&quot;
    Where is ZA On the latest problems with ver 8.xxxxx
    (hoping for a new release soon) !!
    ThanksMike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information