Thread: ZA will not completely uninstall 8.0, can't completely install 7.x

stevieray Guest

Default ZA will not completely uninstall 8.0, can't completely install 7.x

I successfully rolled back to 7.xxx on my old desktop [XP Pro], so I decided to do the same on my newish laptop [Vista Home Prem.].

I downloaded [but didn't run] the 7.1.254 installer, then uninstalled version 8.0.

During the install of version 7.xxx, a dialog box kept popping up, saying "True Vector couldn't install, Windows was searching for a solution..." This happened a dozen times during the install... obviously something was going wrong. I decided to uninstall the new 7.xxx version, and try again. Vista wouldn't let me uninstall the new 7.xxx, claiming "the uninstaller was currently in use", and it told me to try again after the other uninstall was done.

So that brings us to the current stage. Apparently, the first uninstall of 8.0 was incomplete, the True Vector uninstall is locked up. This is keeping the roll-back to 7.xxx from installing True Vector, and is keeping the new 7.xxx from being uninstalled as well. I have no usable version of ZASS on my laptop.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZA will not completely uninstall 8.0, can't completely install 7.x

Try this ZoneAlarl Customer Care Link..if you have already tried a clean uninstall, manual uninstall and SAFE MODE,Here: http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=103..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

stevieray Guest

Wow... that was a quick reply! Thanks! Too bad I didn't check back right away, your solution seems elegant. I took a more primitive approach -- I pulled the battery from my laptop, and when I restarted, the uninstaller was no longer locked. I was able to uninstall the incomplete 7.xxx version and do a new clean install of the same. Everything is working fine now... so far!

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Stevieray wrote:
    Wow... that was a quick reply! Thanks! Too bad I didn't check back right away, your solution seems elegant. I took a more primitive approach -- I pulled the battery from my laptop, and when I restarted, the uninstaller was no longer locked. I was able to uninstall the incomplete 7.xxx version and do a new clean install of the same. Everything is working fine now... so far!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That is Good news..Thank you for your Feedback..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information