Thread: Many Hotmail Problems with 8.0 Upgrade

sammymar Guest

Default Many Hotmail Problems with 8.0 Upgrade

There are many, many problems with trying to access hotmail with the 8.0 update. Many times I can t even access it. Here s what happens when I try to sign in to hotmail on the web.

Notes:
    Browser: Firefox
    Operating System: Windows XP Home
    Privacy: None except for Remove Private Header Information (Similar results occur when I check other boxes, which is what I usually do.)

When I try to sign into hotmail and am able to sign it, I get a list of emails in my inbox. When I click on one of the emails, I get this webpage:

Windows Live Hotmail
    Loading Loading...
    Is this taking too long? Try the classic version
    If Windows Live Hotmail doesn't load, refresh the page, or try deleting the temporary Internet files in your browser's cache.

When I click on the hyperlinked words, classic version, I then get this webpage:

Upgrade your web browser
    We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes. To get started, choose one of the browsers below:
    Microsoft Internet Explorer
    Mozilla Firefox
    Apple Safari
    If you don t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to Windows Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not be displayed properly.

When I click on the hyperlinked words, continue to Windows Live Hotmail, I sometimes can access hotmail, but usually receive this webpage:

Windows Live Hotmail wasn't able to complete this request. Microsoft may contact you about any issues you report.

Please fix ASAP!
    Thanks.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Many Hotmail Problems with 8.0 Upgrade

Hi!note that ZA does not monitor this board, please report it directly to them:ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform Be sure to explain how to replicate the issue.Meanwhile you can use Internet Explorer. It works fine here with hotmail.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

sammymar Guest

OK, I just sent ZA a message.

cyou Guest

I too have had issues logging into hotmail since Saturday's upgrade to 8.0. If anyone can provide any information why this is happening or an update provided by Zone Alarm, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Information