Thread: Upgraded from ZA Security Suite version 7.0.483.000 I got BSOD Error with 8.0.200.x installed

thatch Guest

Default Upgraded from ZA Security Suite version 7.0.483.000 I got BSOD Error with 8.0.200.x installed

When I upgraded my ZA Security Suite version 7.0.483.000 on Win XP Sp3 Laptop I got a BSOD Error reporting:

"A Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

Then the troubleshooting tips and the Technical Information:
    "***STOP:0x0000000A (0xE16F3008, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x805A666A"

I was able to get the Laptop to boot up in Safe Modem with Network Support, but when I attempted to uninstall ZA, I was not able to do so. I reformatted the Hard Drive, since the system was running slow and sluggish overall and reinstalled ZA 8.0.200 I got the same screen again and the Laptop would hang when booting into Safe Mode with and without Network Support. With the laptop freezing again I have to once again reformat and reinstall my Windows XP on the Laptop. Yes, I will be downloading and installing the ZA 7.0.483.000 on the laptop again until the problems with 8.0 have been resolved.

My question is has anybody else had this problem with 8.0?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
    Tim

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Upgraded from ZA Security Suite version 7.0.483.000 I got BSOD Error with 8.0.200.x installed

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..Please read this Link from the Forum Moderator..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=81278VERY IMPORTANT: Please Report the details of your BSOD Problem with Version 8.0 Directly to ZA Tech Support for FREE at www.zonealarm.com/tsform (preferably withIE Browser)The more Users that Report this BSOD problem directly to Tech Support, with their Details and what they did to try and resolve the issue, the Sooner Tech support will find a FIX for the problem..Tech Support may ask for your ZA Log Files, and tell you how to do that-------------------------If you Choose to Uninstall Ver 8.0 and Try 7.0.483.000I Suggest going back to ZASS Version 7.0.483.000Until the Developers come up with a Fix..Go to the following Forum Link and follow the Instructions..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b....id=14945#M184
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarmŽ Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information