Thread: Problems with licence key after uninstalling v8 and reverting to v7.0.483.000

pie Guest

Default Problems with licence key after uninstalling v8 and reverting to v7.0.483.000

I'm still stuck trying to get back to normal after being affected by the upgrade to v8.0.020.000. I have Windows XP Home Edition.
    I followed advice inhttp://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=81430and successfully uninstalled v8. However deleting the various files as recommended took a very long time. Some failed saying something like 'cannot access or read source file'. I then deleted the ZA registry entries, rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking and then installed 7.0.483.00, all as advised in the above link. The download file I used is called zaasSetup_70_483_000_en. I've been trying to recover for so long now I can't remember which site I got this download file from.
    After installation ZA asked me to reboot which I did. It then presented me with 3 choices - Continue Trial, Buy now or Update licence key if already purchased. I chose the latter and copied my licence key into the box available but was told that my licence key is invalid.
    Eventually I had no other choice but to select ' Continue Trial' which means I have 15 days of use left, even though I renewed my licence in July 2008. Is this something anyone here can help me with or should I report this to Tech Support? I've tried changing licence by selecting the ZA icon in the system tray. I am just copying the key from a notepad file and pasting into the slot. I am not typing anything. I get 'The licence key you entered is not valid. Please try again.'

Any advice gratefully accepted as I'm at the end of my tether with this upgrade.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

pie Guest

Default Re: Problems with licence key after uninstalling v8 and reverting to v7.0.483.000

Please ignore my last post. I looked further and found the download file I had used was not the same one as now showing on the download section of ZA website. After using the correct one my licence key has been accepted.

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: Problems with licence key after uninstalling v8 and reverting to v7.0.483.000

It sounds like your Registry Entry got Corrupted, or maybe something as simple as a Typo in your License Key entry?
    1.) ZA License keys are Case Sensitive..
    (but generally most Letters are Lower Case.., and Some Characters can be mistaken for other Characters)
    oh for Zero, Lowercase "L" for One.... best way to enter License Key is "Cut-and-PPaste"

2.) if that does not work, then you need to Remove the Corrupted License Key from the registry with the /clean /rmlicense Switch..
    Try a clean unistall of the program then reinstall the program.....

Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs
    RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties.
    Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may be different on your system):
    "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninstexe"
    Change it to:
    "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean
    /rmlicense (add a space and then the /clean and /rmlicense)
    Click OK to save the new command line.
    Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs -> Uninstall Zone Labs Security
    Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.
    say "Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files and allow TrueVector to shut down.
    Reboot
    - manually remove the files found inside these folders:

WINDOWS\ Internet Logs
    Program Files\Zone Labs
    WINDOWS\system32\ Zonelabs
    and the Temp folders found in the Document and Settings folder
    - reboot

Now reinstall the ZASS program

prof_fate Guest

Thank you..

Thread Information