Thread: Streaming TV programs

jayemess Guest

Default Streaming TV programs

Hi,

I've just installed Zone Alarm free version and now when I try to access an application (BBC iplayer) to download/stream TV programs from my desktop it won't open. When I access the site on the internet the TV program I want to watch plays but keeps freezing. Can anyone tell me how to overcome this problem, please?

With thanks.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Streaming TV programs

Click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...d=16840#M24892<hr>Right click your ZA tray icon &gt; left click &quot;Help&quot; = this is your *User Guide - look for chapter 'troubleshooting' &gt; 'third-party software' &gt; 'streaming media programs'. Also see firewall protection &gt; blocking and unblocking ports &gt; creating expert firewalls, etc. Check your logs for entries - see what was blocked/ allowed.<hr>Streaming media programs<a target="_blank"></a>

Applications that stream audio and video, such as RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, QuickTime, etc., must have server permission for the Internet Zone in order to work with ZoneAlarm security software.<a target="_blank"></a>

To learn how to give server permission to a program, see Granting a program permission to act as a server .<hr>You may need to
    lower 'firewall settings' from 'high' to 'medium' while you use the streaming program. All programs associated with this streaming program/ player
    should be given server rights. Also make sure your anti-virus and
    anti-spyware
    is not interfering with this program.<hr>You can check with the home page of the 'BBC iPlayer' you use - to find out if there are certain 'ports' or IP address range that you can
    use/ apply &gt; create 'trusted' IP address for these sites/ programs, create firewall rules, etc.<hr>Click here for more info. &gt; http://zonealarm.donhoover.net/privacy.html#Top
    see various chapters on left (some info is outdated, but still resourceful) and still use ZA *User Guide, too.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC - 10-4-08 -
    Any Colour You Like - Pink Floyd

Thread Information