Thread: No access to re-install ZA7.0.483

daodejing Guest

Default No access to re-install ZA7.0.483

Having problems with my upgrade to ZA8.0.020, I tried the second of ZoneLabs' workarounds: to reinstall ZA7.0.483. I downloaded ZA7.0.483 OK, then followed GeorgeV's hint to uncheck 'load ZA at startup' and reboot -- to prevent TrueVector installing.

However, on running the downloaded EXE file I was stopped in my tracks by the Error window "You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators account." But the account that I have on my Windows XP Pro SP3 does have administrator's rights. To make sure, I set up another account with administrator's rights -- but when I tried to install in that account I got the same error message.

As another, but probably linked problem, when I renewed my subscription recently I entered the new license string. Although it was validated, it was not accepted as a permanent registry entry, and at "Overview/Product Info/Licensing Information" it still shows the 'old' license string. I have tried altering the registry entry itself, but it still refuses to alter to the new string. Yet the date of registration and number of days left are both OK.

Please help, with my limited experience I've come to the end of my very scant supply of bright ideas.

brit70

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: No access to re-install ZA7.0.483

Did you try and uninstall in safe mode and then reinstall version 7.0?
    This should work.

daodejing Guest

No, I didn't try uninstalling in Safe Mode -- partly for fear of not then being able to install any ZA, and so finding myself completely vulnerable when online. Perhaps I shall just have to bite the bullet?

Thanks

brit70

I would also recommend you Download CCleaner version v2.12 <P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slim<P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">.Ifit your having a problem installing ZASS 7.0.483.000then boot into safe mode and install ZA in that method,Accept the Default settings and choose TRUSTED ZONE.Then Reboot your Computer..CCleaner version v2.12 has been released and is available for download at:<P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! http://forum.zonelabs.org/i/smilies/...iley-happy.gif
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

daodejing Guest

Wheww! I'm up and running AOK now, with ZA7.0.483 (instead of 8.0.022) and the correct licence number for my renewed subscription.

As well as the useful suggestions from this thread's helpers, I also followed Prof_Fate's hint on removing the old license number that appeared to be immoveable - that is, to add to the uninstall command the parameters '/clean /rmlicense'. It may not have been necessary using the approach I was recommended, but I wasn't taking any chances and didn't see that it would do any harm.

Grateful thanks to the support and experienced ideas from fellow forum members.

Your welcome--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.055.000 (32-Bit) BETA
    TrueVector version:8.0.055.000
    Driver version:8.0.055.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:960387405
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200809.4695
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    GeorgeV