Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zonelabs website partially available

mawi Guest

Default Re: Zonelabs website partially available

Ah well, never mind then. I tried IE Firefox and Netscape and all 3 can't access or download from the website of ZA. I'm at a lost here.... It probably has something to do with 1 of the security updates from Microsoft and they have added ZA to their list of untrusted websites by accident, or ZA website has been blacklisted by my Internet provider. Without the update I'll never know....

Hi!sorry again but I am not allowed to do so.May be you can contact the ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform That may be able to help you. Or try to use this link:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...teSetup_en.exeRun the downloader and download the installer.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

mawi Guest

why aren't you allowed to send me the downloader???? I don't understand. I will try and get via someone else.

thanks anyways

You're welcome!Cheers,Fax

mawi Guest

I tried on another computer and same problem. So it has nothing to do with my computer, can it be a problem with the security settings on my router?? although I did nothing to change these. Oddly, Windows Update is also not updating anymore since 14 October after installing the updates. So something must have went wrong with one of the updates.

forum_moderator Guest

Hello all,If you arerunning versions 6.5.645.000 7.0.482.000 of our products and neverinstalled the MS update that caused no internet access on July 8th sothat youcould continue to run an older version of ZA thenyou will experience an issue again with this new MS update that came out on 10/14/2008.If your using 7.0.483.000 or above (including any 8.x version) you will have no problems.This only affects XPsystems (we don't support the server OS listed in the MS bulletin)Best regardsForum Moderator

Hi!the router unlikely... you could try to turn it off and on to see if this helps.May be MS update is conflicting with some other software installed on both PCs, try to remove them.Cheers,Fax

mawi Guest

this is configuration:

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version: 8.0
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.020.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.020.000
    Driver version:8.0.020.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:961581664
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200810.4775
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957

And I still have problems. I did some googling and it seems I'm not the only one that has been having problems since the October 14th updates.

mawi Guest

I downloaded the new update of ZASS on the job. And also the new definitions for Ad-Aware to update at home. I'll try to install them when I get home. I have been doing some research I think I have found out the problem. Whatever is on my system has, so it seems, changed the DNS servers in my router. At least that is my assumption at the moment. I will verify when I get home. If this is the case, it would explain why ZASS has not been able to detect a problem. I have run a system wide scan with ZASS, Windows Defender and Ad-Aware. All came up with nothing. If however a trojan has changed my settings in my router it would be rerouting everything to a foreign server that would block anything linked to my router from updating itself or updating virus scanners etc. I will directly connect my computer to my internet thereby removing the router and see if that will solve the problem, then I will know of indeed the router settings have been changed. At the moment my router is set to automatic. Does anyone know how to reset the router??? Do I just remove all settings in the router, and reconnect and reinstate automatic and let the router refresh it's settings???

Hi!
    you will need to check the router manual to see how to reset it and which settings you will need to re-set.
    Next your should change the default password of the router with a random alphanumeric password of an appropriate length.

Please be aware that AdAware is not anymore so strong on detecting spyware for sure less than ZA. Also note that Adaware may conflicting with ZASS blocking behind the scene its correct functioning.

There are better free scanner you can use such as MBAM and Superantispyware. See here below for the links:
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3787

Cheers,
    Fax

Message Edited by fax on 10-17-2008 03:17 PM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information