Thread: ZA-SS & ZA-AV Question

doright Guest

Default ZA-SS & ZA-AV Question

About 6 months ago, my husband changed his anti-virus from Norton to ZA Security Suite. When he did, he purchased the 3 computer option to cover all our XP computers.

I have ZA-AntiVirus running on my two XP machines and they're about to expire. Can I just change the license key on ZA-AntiVirus to the new one and not run the full Security Suite, or, do I have to uninstall ZA-AV and then reinstall ZA-SS?

Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: ZA-SS & ZA-AV Question

Well if your willing to use ZA Suite, then you may need to un-install ZA AV with a special un-install instruction.<hr>Click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...=104190#M76485
    - see #8 and use that un-install instruction.<hr>To download new ZA Suite - click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645
    <hr>Note - of the 3 pc license key your husband bought; the expiration date will be the same for yours - as soon as he started the key - the countdown for all three slots runs. Good luck.<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 10-17-08 - Reach Out I'll Be There - The Four Tops

doright Guest

Default Re: ZA-SS & ZA-AV Question

Thanks Melody,

Would have responded earlier, but, I must have forgotten to select email notices for the post.

I'm trying to avoid uninstalling and reinstalling ZA, in any form. Currently, my ZA isn't broke, so, I don't want to touch it if I can help it. I can live without the entire Suite; I only need the Firewall and AV.

I understand that if I use the other key, then, they will all expire at the same time. That's exactly what I want. Currently, I have ZA on 3 computers and I'm paying for them individually. Besides, it's much more convenient and economical if they all expire at the same time.

I've bookmarked the two links you gave me because I think I'm going to end up with the Security Suite whether I want it or not. So, I'll have to uninstall and reinstall on two computers. UGH!! If I were better at this computer stuff, I'd just change the key and see what happened... but, that makes me very afraid.

Tomorrow I'm going to contact ZA tech support to make sure I absolutely have to do that. I hate uninstalling and reinstalling any software. For others, it's an easy solution, but, I always manage to make it difficult.

Thanks for the response.

Thread Information