Thread: True Vector (vsmon) fails to start

organfreak Guest

Default True Vector (vsmon) fails to start

Hi,I'm using ZA Free 7.0.483.000 on a clean install, Windows XP Pro SP2.After booting up, I have the error message that True Vector Service failed to start, with a red 'X' icon in the sys tray. I can right-click and close ZA from there and then manually restart zonealarm.exe and then all is well until next time I boot up. There seems to be no problem with user permissions, which is the only reference to this problem I could find in the knowledge base.
    The oddest part of this is that vsmon doesn't show up in the Computer Management Console/Services, even after I start it manually. Any help?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: True Vector (vsmon) fails to start

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>organfreak wrote:
    Hi,I'm using ZA Free 7.0.483.000 on a clean install, Windows XP Pro SP2.After booting up, I have the error message that True Vector Service failed to start, with a red 'X' icon in the sys tray. I can right-click and close ZA from there and then manually restart zonealarm.exe and then all is well until next time I boot up. There seems to be no problem with user permissions, which is the only reference to this problem I could find in the knowledge base.The oddest part of this is that vsmon doesn't show up in the Computer Management Console/Services, even after I start it manually. Any help?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Maybe this Forum Link will help fix your problem..http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=19415
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

organfreak Guest

Default Re: True Vector (vsmon) fails to start

Thanks! Will try.

Thread Information