Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 80_059_000 install freezes at 3%

genbloke Guest

Default 80_059_000 install freezes at 3%

Like others I got a message telling me there was an important update to ZASS and I've been trying to install 80_059_000. I can download the exe but when I run it it freezes at 3% while it's copying the file Microsoft_VC90_ReleaseCRT_x86.msi

I've read advice on other similar threads and have tried the following so far:

1. Downloading it in both Firefox and IE with all other programs closed and no other internet activity. The download seems to go ok but I get the same problem each time I try to run it.
    2. Doing a clean uninstall before trying to install (using Guru George's instructions on a similar thread). Same problem
    3. Doing a system restore first. Same problem.
    4. Uninstalling & reinstalling Window's Installer
    5. I purchased an extended download when I renewed ZASS a few months ago. I've tried downloading the version I bought then. Same problem. However, I successfully used the extended download about 3 weeks ago after reinstalling my operating system (XP Pro - service pack 3).

Any help?

Paul

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: 80_059_000 install freezes at 3%

Hi!
    have you tried to install ZASS in SAFE MODE with NETWORKING?

You have some corruption or block to your system folder, may be in SAFE MODE you will be able to install.

Is your system free of malware?
    Please check it, see here:
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3787

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

chuckiechan Guest

Not to **bleep** the thread, but I have the same problem on XP Pro.

I'd like to know what the fix is. Is anyone from Zone Alarm in this forum to give a definitive answer - "We're working on it" will do...

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Chuckiechan wrote:
    Not to **bleep** the thread, but I have the same problem on XP Pro.

I'd like to know what the fix is. Is anyone from Zone Alarm in this forum to give a definitive answer - "We're working on it" will do...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Have you tried this solution by Guru Fax?

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=82056--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:963023964
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200810.4795
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

chuckiechan Guest

I tried safe mode, error message came up more quickly.

I tried safe mode, error message came up more quickly.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That sounds like you have something on your Computer that is Blocking the Install of ZoneAlarm..Do you have any other 3rd Party Security Programs installed?Have you tried the Check for Malware that Guru Fax suggested?
    GeorgeV

chuckiechan Guest

I run Adaware, and I have the pay version of ZA which has anti virus and spyware.

Am I the only person who has this problem?

I run Adaware, and I have the pay version of ZA which has anti virus and spyware.

Am I the only person who has this problem?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>There are Over 60 Million Users of ZoneAlarm world Wide.. This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..
    If none of my Previous suggestions have worked for you..It is time for you to Contact Tech Support Directly, with Full details of your problem and any other software that you have installed..ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do notMonitor this Forum..There are two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Customer Service www.zonealarm.com/csform ZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform
    GeorgeV

chuckiechan Guest

Default Re: 80_059_000 install freezes at 3% is fixed

Well, I fixed it.

I reinstalled XP service pack 3**. As you may know, the XP 3 upgrade is not for impatient people. I did everything recommended and deleted files and registry entries by hand with no joy as recommended by FAX - things that probably helped anyway. Finally I reinstalled XP 3 by getting to the final install screen and then just going to bed. It was done in the morning and the ZA update went right in.

** everything on my computer said XP3 was installed - device manager, add-remove programs, etc. But it was either corrupted or incomplete.

Hope this info is helpful...

chuckiechan Guest

Well, I fixed it.

I reinstalled XP service pack 3**. As you may know, the XP 3 upgrade is not for impatient people. I did everything recommended and deleted files and registry entries by hand with no joy as recommended by FAX - things that probably helped anyway. Finally I reinstalled XP 3 by getting to the final install screen and then just going to bed. It was done in the morning and the ZA update went right in.

** everything on my computer said XP3 was installed - device manager, add-remove programs, etc. But it was either corrupted or incomplete.

Hope this info is helpful...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information