Like others I got a message telling me there was an important update to ZASS and I've been trying to install 80_059_000. I can download the exe but when I run it it freezes at 3% while it's copying the file Microsoft_VC90_ReleaseCRT_x86.msi
I've read advice on other similar threads and have tried the following so far:
1. Downloading it in both Firefox and IE with all other programs closed and no other internet activity. The download seems to go ok but I get the same problem each time I try to run it.
2. Doing a clean uninstall before trying to install (using Guru George's instructions on a similar thread). Same problem
3. Doing a system restore first. Same problem.
4. Uninstalling & reinstalling Window's Installer
5. I purchased an extended download when I renewed ZASS a few months ago. I've tried downloading the version I bought then. Same problem. However, I successfully used the extended download about 3 weeks ago after reinstalling my operating system (XP Pro - service pack 3).
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite