Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Version 8.0.059.000 Works for Me!

  1. #1
    bollwerj Guest

    Default Version 8.0.059.000 Works for Me!



    Here s my story.


    Several months ago I purchased a new Dell XPS laptop with an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ processor, 200GB hard drive, and 4GB of memory.
    OS is Vista with SP1. I thought that machine should really hum.


    One of the first things I did was to install a newly acquired version of ZASS.
    During the installation, I was told that my version was out of date and that the latest version was to be downloaded from ZA s site and installed.
    I did this and version 7.1 was installed.

    After I had loaded all my software I began using the machine in earnest.
    I noted a few things that caused me distress.
    First, boot time ran anywhere from three to seven minutes.
    This was the time from when I entered my password until all the icons appeared in the System Tray and I could do some work.
    When I would click on an application it took upwards of a minute or longer before it appeared on the screen.
    In both cases, my hard drive light stayed on.
    It didn t blink or flicker, it just stayed on.

    Bad hardware, virus, spyware, or something else could be causing these problems.
    Gradually I narrowed down the source to Zone Alarm.
    It seemed that every time I did something, ZA would begin some heavy disk I/O which would essentially freeze my system until ZA finished its thing.
    I began to check this forum to see if anyone else was having similar problems.
    Everyone here knows what problems people have been having with some of version 7 builds and with version 8 builds.
    (I suspect that when version 7.1 installed, it got jammed up with residue from the version on the disk resulting in a corrupted install.)
    So I waited.
    Finally, I noted that version 8.0.059.000 had become the next approved version.
    So with some trepidation, I decided to give it a shot.

    I downloaded the executable and saved it to my hard drive.
    Then I disconnected my machine from the web, rebooted, logged in as administrator, brought up ZASS and unchecked the Load ZA...at startup box.
    I rebooted, again logged in as administrator and removed Zone Alarm using Vista s Uninstaller (Control Panel->Programs and Features).
    I rebooted again and logged in as administrator and began the installation process for version 8.0.059.000.
    When I was asked if I wanted to register my copy I said NO (I wasn t connected to the internet and was afraid that ZA might try to establish a connection and hose up the install).
    The rest went smooth and ZA told me a restart was requires and asked if it was OK.
    I said OK and it started a shutdown and restart sequence.
    During this sequence, after it appeared that a shutdown has occurred, I was informed that it was running (I think is said update but don t remember) 1 and 2 of 3.
    Then it started to boot and said it was running 3 of 3 then seemed to reboot again.


    When it had finished, I logged on as a normal user.
    I went from password entry to a full System Tray in well under a minute (YEA).
    I could launch an application in just a few seconds (YEA YEA).
    To further check, I opened ZA, connected to the web,
    and downloaded anti-virus and spyware updates.
    Then I shutdown and restarted.
    Shutdown took less than a minute and restart was also fast.
    I noted that my license key had been retained from the version that I removed.
    Probably in a registry setting. The only issue I see at this time is that my product is not registered and my attempts to register it have failed.
    I'm not sure that this is a big deal.
    Anyone with suggestions?

    Bottom line:
    Version 8.0.059.000 WORKS FOR ME!!! (So far).

    Cheers

    Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

  2. #2
    bollwerj Guest

    Default Re: Version 8.0.059.000 Works for Me!

    One thing I forgot to mention.
    Just before I started the install, I shut down every application that was running in my System Tray.
    Don't know if that made any difference or not.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 3rd Coast - South Central Texas
    Posts
    10,806

    Default Re: Version 8.0.059.000 Works for Me!


    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>bollwerj wrote:
    One thing I forgot to mention. Just before I started the install, I shut down every application that was running in my System Tray. Don't know if that made any difference or not.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It's like Chicken Soup.. You precautions did not hurt anything..Thank you for your successful install experience..
    ---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

    http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:961894083
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200810.4776
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1 (32-Bit)
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:8.0.015.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.015.000
    Driver version:8.0.015.000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200810.4776
    A Vast 4.8 Anti-Virus Home Edition
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security


    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    17,640

    Default Re: Version 8.0.059.000 Works for Me!

    Thank you for taking the time to report back about your successfull install!! :8}Cheers,Fax

    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

  5. #5
    manb Guest

    Default Re: Version 8.0.059.000 Works for Me!

    Its works for me in Vista Premium but unable to open Game explorer while zone alarm is active. Can anyone give me a solution

  6. #6
    findley Guest

    Default Re: Version 8.0.059.000 Works for Me!


    <blockquote><hr>bollwerj wrote:


    Here s my story.


    Several months ago I purchased a new Dell XPS laptop with an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ processor, 200GB hard drive, and 4GB of memory.
    OS is Vista with SP1. I thought that machine should really hum.


    One of the first things I did was to install a newly acquired version of ZASS.
    During the installation, I was told that my version was out of date and that the latest version was to be downloaded from ZA s site and installed.
    I did this and version 7.1 was installed.

    After I had loaded all my software I began using the machine in earnest.
    I noted a few things that caused me distress.
    First, boot time ran anywhere from three to seven minutes.
    This was the time from when I entered my password until all the icons appeared in the System Tray and I could do some work.
    When I would click on an application it took upwards of a minute or longer before it appeared on the screen.
    In both cases, my hard drive light stayed on.
    It didn t blink or flicker, it just stayed on.

    Bad hardware, virus, spyware, or something else could be causing these problems.
    Gradually I narrowed down the source to Zone Alarm.
    It seemed that every time I did something, ZA would begin some heavy disk I/O which would essentially freeze my system until ZA finished its thing.
    I began to check this forum to see if anyone else was having similar problems.
    Everyone here knows what problems people have been having with some of version 7 builds and with version 8 builds.
    (I suspect that when version 7.1 installed, it got jammed up with residue from the version on the disk resulting in a corrupted install.)
    So I waited.
    Finally, I noted that version 8.0.059.000 had become the next approved version.
    So with some trepidation, I decided to give it a shot.

    I downloaded the executable and saved it to my hard drive.
    Then I disconnected my machine from the web, rebooted, logged in as administrator, brought up ZASS and unchecked the Load ZA...at startup box.
    I rebooted, again logged in as administrator and removed Zone Alarm using Vista s Uninstaller (Control Panel-&gt;Programs and Features).
    I rebooted again and logged in as administrator and began the installation process for version 8.0.059.000.
    When I was asked if I wanted to register my copy I said NO (I wasn t connected to the internet and was afraid that ZA might try to establish a connection and hose up the install).
    The rest went smooth and ZA told me a restart was requires and asked if it was OK.
    I said OK and it started a shutdown and restart sequence.
    During this sequence, after it appeared that a shutdown has occurred, I was informed that it was running (I think is said update but don t remember) 1 and 2 of 3.
    Then it started to boot and said it was running 3 of 3 then seemed to reboot again.


    When it had finished, I logged on as a normal user.
    I went from password entry to a full System Tray in well under a minute (YEA).
    I could launch an application in just a few seconds (YEA YEA).
    To further check, I opened ZA, connected to the web,
    and downloaded anti-virus and spyware updates.
    Then I shutdown and restarted.
    Shutdown took less than a minute and restart was also fast.
    I noted that my license key had been retained from the version that I removed.
    Probably in a registry setting. The only issue I see at this time is that my product is not registered and my attempts to register it have failed.
    I'm not sure that this is a big deal.
    Anyone with suggestions?

    Bottom line:
    Version 8.0.059.000 WORKS FOR ME!!! (So far).

    Cheers

    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:
    8.0
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

    <hr></blockquote>bollwerj,
    On your registration question:
    Is your information listed correctly in Overview &gt; Product Information&gt; Registration?
    If the license key was picked up and you were able to update you should be good to go, unless you have some indicator on that Overview&gt;Product Information&gt;Registration
    screen that says you need to register.
    Is your system continuing to periodically update your Vista Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite?
    Regards,Findley

  7. #7
    findley Guest

    Default Re: Version 8.0.059.000 Works for Me!


    <blockquote><hr>manb wrote:
    Its works for me in Vista Premium but unable to open Game explorer while zone alarm is active. Can anyone give me a solution
    <hr></blockquote>
    Hi manb,
    Glad to hear it works for you in Vista Premium.
    On your issue of Game Explorer and zone alarm - suggest you start a new thread about this issue and inidcate what you have tried, settings - e.g. have you given Game Explorer trusted status in program control, etc.
    I'm not familiar with Game Explorer but by posting your own thread and giving more details of your system, what zone alarm product you are running, other antivirus sofware, other spyware software, how you have configured Game Explorer in zone alarm
    you are more likely to get better exposure for your issue and get help.
    Regards,Findley

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 3rd Coast - South Central Texas
    Posts
    10,806

    Default Re: Version 8.0.059.000 Works for Me!


    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>manb wrote:
    Its works for me in Vista Premium but unable to open Game explorer while zone alarm is active. Can anyone give me a solution
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thank you for your Feedback..However, I agree with User Findley..If you have a question or a problem Please start your own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem.</COLOR> as a matter of Curtsey and to provide the Best solution to each Users problem, the Guideline Rules, require each User to Please starttheir own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem.</COLOR> This insures that each User receives a solution specific to their on Problem,When other user like yourself interject your own problem into the discussion of somebody else's problem, any advice or solution to you problem would confuse and may conflict with the solution to the Originating Users problem..---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

    http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:961961580
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200810.4776
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1 (32-Bit)
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:8.0.020.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.020.000
    Driver version:8.0.020.000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200810.4776
    A Vast 4.8 Anti-Virus Home Edition
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security


    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

  9. #9
    manb Guest

    Default Re: Version 8.0.059.000 Works for Me!

    Thanks GeorgeV and Findley

    But I dont know after I update my Vista Premium from Windows Update now I am able to open Game Explorer while Zone Alarm is active.
    Thanks for giving reply to my problem. If I face any problem after this I will definitely start a new thread.
    Thanks for helping me.

    Though I havn change any settings in Zone Alarm. I m using Zone Alarm Security Suite

    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:961960275
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200810.4776
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957

  10. #10
    findley Guest

    Default Re: Version 8.0.059.000 Works for Me!


    <blockquote><hr>manb wrote:
    Thanks GeorgeV and Findley

    But I dont know after I update my Vista Premium from Windows Update now I am able to open Game Explorer while Zone Alarm is active.
    Thanks for giving reply to my problem. If I face any problem after this I will definitely start a new thread.
    Thanks for helping me.

    Though I havn change any settings in Zone Alarm. I m using Zone Alarm Security Suite

    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:961960275
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200810.4776
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    <hr></blockquote>manb,
    You're welcome
    and good luck with game explorer.
    Regards,Findley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •