Thread: Accepting the running of 80-057/8/9 beta seems to have hijacked my license

johngray Guest

Default Accepting the running of 80-057/8/9 beta seems to have hijacked my license

Having accepted the installation of these three beta versions, I now get a message today to say that the 059 beta has expired, and I should go to the download site to Try/Buy the software I already have!

Checking Overview -> Product Information shows that "Beta license expires in 46 days" and that "You are running ZoneAlarm Security Suite under a Trial/Beta license".

How can I get back to the non-beta version of the Security Suite, unscathed?

Thanks!

Message Edited by JohnGray on 10-23-2008 08:14 PM

Default Re: Need Help Removing BETA and Installing Public 8.0.059.000

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>JohnGray wrote:
    Having accepted the installation of these three beta versions, I now get a message today to say that the 059 beta has expired, and I should go to the download site to Try/Buy the software I already have!

Checking Overview -&gt; Product Information shows that "Beta license expires in 46 days" and that "You are running ZoneAlarm Security Suite under a Trial/Beta license".

How can I get back to the non-beta version of the Security Suite, unscathed?

Thanks!

Message Edited by JohnGray on 10-23-2008 08:14 PM
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Here is the Forum Moderators comment of End of ZASS BETA..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=1205As described on the Original BETA Download page, When the BETA Test session is ended or your Current BETA Key is Terminated..You must UNINSTALL the Beta and Install the Current Released Version..If you Regular License Key did not run out and Expire during the time you were Beta Testing,Then you Old Key should still be in the Windows Registry, and after Uninstalling the BETA, and Re-Installing the Public Release it will find and install the old License Key..Here is what worked for me..-------------------------------------Try a clean unistall of the program then reinstall the program.....

1.) Download a Current Copy of Zone Alarm Security Suite from
    ZA website in the release history section.

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

2.) Go into ZA Overview/Preferences and Un-Check "Load Zone Alarm on Startup"
    3.) Reboot Computer to Remove Zone Alarm drivers from Memory..
    4.) Temporarily shut down any other AV/AS Security programs that May Conflict with ZA Install

5..) Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs
    RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties.
    Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may be different on your system):
    "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninstexe"
    Change it to:
    "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean (add a space and then the /clean)
    Click OK to save the new command line.
    Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs -&gt; Uninstall Zone Labs Security
    Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.
    say "Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files and allow TrueVector to shut down.
    - Reboot

Now Start again in the Safe mode and delete these files in the Windows Directory:

WINDOWS\ Internet Logs

Program Files\Zone Labs

WINDOWS\system32\ Zonelabs

Now Reboot

Using something like this Freeware CCleaner &lt;--- http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slim
    , will help do the cleanup as well on both the Hard drive and the Registry .

Now Re-install the ZA program now.
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:962044260
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200810.4776
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 10-23-2008 05:06 PM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

johngray Guest

Default Re: Need Help Removing BETA and Installing Public 8.0.059.000

Thank you - that worked fine, taking 'only' half an hour and four or five reboots, and having to set up all customisation again. Don't think I'll be accepting any future suggestion to try some ZoneAlarm beta software...

The only problem I have now is being unable to connect via RDP to my work computers. I can connect the VPN but when I click on the MSTSC icon I get &quot;This computer cannot connect to the remote computer&quot;. Turning the ZoneAlarm firewall off enables the connection to go through. Any idea what I need to set, again, in Firewall -&gt; Zones (probably)? Thanks!

Thread Information