Thread: No problem what so ever with ZASS8 but not happy...

zass_user Guest

Default No problem what so ever with ZASS8 but not happy...

Decided to give ZASS 8.0.059 a try yesterday when it became 'official' in ZASS 7's product update.
    Didn't go thru all the guides and lessons and lectures here, just with my usual routine:
    1) Untick the 'Load at startup' option2) Restart the PC (to unload that hardworking vsmon.exe)3) Usual uninstall4) Registry cleaning5) Install the latest version
    Everything is fine and working, no BSOD, no hang at shut down, no license key corrupt, no 'can not upgrade' problems, no 'can not downgrade' problems, no antivirus disabled problem, no 'double firewall' problem blah blah blah...
    ...BUT (yes, "so what" you must be asking)...
    Where is the improvement? Where is the so called 'faster than ever performance'??!
    1) Boot up from Welcome screen to desktopWithout security suite : <1 secKaspersky 2009 Trial
    : <1 secZASS 8 : >10 sec
    2) Scanning a ~45MB executable file (ZA7 itself)Kaspersky 2009 Trial : <5 secZASS 8 : >30 sec
    So, my upgrading dream is shattered...

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition SP3
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by ZASS_User on 10-24-2008 11:08 PM

Default Re: No problem what so ever with ZASS8 but not happy...

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>ZASS_User wrote:
    1) Boot up from Welcome screen to desktopWithout security suite : &lt;1 secKaspersky 2009 Trial: &lt;1 secZASS 8 : &gt;10 sec2) Scanning a ~45MB executable file (ZA7 itself)Kaspersky 2009 Trial : &lt;5 secZASS 8 : &gt;30 sec<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!
    Indeed...if you are concerned about 10 seconds at boot and you have to scan 45MB files every day than may be better to find an alternative solution.Personally I boot only once or twice a day... so 10, 1 o 2 minutues to bootis not an issue, also normally I don't scan large files and use the settings to skip them.CheersFax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

zass_user Guest

Hi there,
    Of course I'm NOT going to 'scan a 45MB file everyday'. It's just a performance comparison. Imagine you're using On-access scanning and Scheduled background scanning... (Yeah I know I can turn off the options. But what is called a Security Suite??)
    I use hibernate most of the time too. But at times when you want a fast reboot and are very eager to do something, 10-15 sec will leave you starring at the Welcome screen annoyingly...

Hi!on demand scanning will skip those large files. There is no use of scanning them.First golden rule for a virus writer: larger is the file less likely will spread and replicateIn any case malware droppers will be recognised. Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information