Thread: How will we know when v.8 is fixed?

hedera Guest

Default How will we know when v.8 is fixed?

I have a 3 license subscription to ZAISS with about 2 months left to go; I was planning to install it on my Vista laptop after the came-with McAfee subscription expired (also about 2 months). Then my husband allowed v.8 to update on his WinXP SP3 system and all h*ll broke loose: every time he tried to use Microsoft Office the system hung. Since he was trying to do something on a deadline he was NOT happy.

We found the instructions on this forum for backing v.8 off and he's back on v.7, and I've put my copy of ZAISS on manual update, also still on v.7. Trouble is, ZA thought v.8 was working and released it, and was obviously mistaken. How do we find out when it's really safe to upgrade to v.8?? Is there somewhere I can monitor? Will this forum post something in the sticky messages?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: How will we know when v.8 is fixed?

Hi!latest version already have fixed major issues with former 8.0.020.000 release.For a smooth upgrade just:1. On your current ZA UNcheck "Load ZA ... at startup"2. Reboot your PC3. Install the updateUnless there are specific local issues you should not have problems.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

hedera Guest

Fax,
    The only reason I question that is that my husband's problems with version 8.x happened 2 days ago, that is, Friday 10/24. Now on Sunday 10/26 you tell me that it's all fixed. Unless they released the latest upgrade yesterday, I beg to differ with you that all the major issues are fixed; the version he installed on Friday was unusable. Unfortunately we didn't note down the exact release number that he had to back off Friday afternoon, so I can't be sure if it was 8.0.020.000 or an earlier iteration. Can you tell me exactly when the latest subversion was released?

Hi!major known issues have been fixed, what you describe is simply a bad upgrade.Next time choose a clean install while installing the update.Note that you need to completely remove Mcafee before proceeding. ZASS and Mcafee have conflicts even with left overs. Be sure you remove all your security tools before proceeding to the upgdrade.Also proceed as described in my previous message for a smooth upgrade.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 10-26-2008 05:20 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information