I just upgraded from 7.xxx to 8.0.059 last night
I did the "clean" install with /clean /rmlicense and etc.
All went smoothly and performance is OK.
This morning I got a pop-up alert from the WINDOWS firewall (not ZA).
I went to the ZA --> Firewall --> advanced panel and the option to disable windows firewall WAS checked but apparently ZA did not actually disable it.
So I went to Windows Security center and manuall disabled it after which the Security center correctly reported that ZA firewall was active.
Weird... just thought I would mention this to perhaps help others...
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite