Thread: Upgrade for Windows 2K

jacobst Guest

Angry Upgrade for Windows 2K

I currently have a server using windows 2K that is MUCH MUCH faster than XP or vista. Is there going to be an upgrade for the windows 2K. It keeps automatically trying to upgrade and then fails. I like this version it is fast and seems to work well. The Xp version on my other machine I had to UNINSTALL because it slowed down the machine ridiculous. I also tried it on VISTA and with Vista by itself it is to slow, yet alone add a scanner. So please consider still supporting the Windows 2K. I will probably never upgrade this until the system blows up

Tim

Operating System:Windows 2000 Server/Adv Server
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Upgrade for Windows 2K

Decisons had been made for 2000 pc users, the latest version available/ supported
    will be 7.0.483; so if you already have that version - you should shut-off the 'auto update' feature for firewall product - you should still be able to update antivirus, antispyware defintions, but you will not be able to upgrade to 8.0 series (which may
    work out ok for you anyways
    ) .<hr>Click here &gt; http://www.zonealarm.com/store/catal.../sys_req.jsp#5<hr>Windows 2000 Support Discontinued

In 2005, Microsoft ended mainstream support for Windows 2000. In 2010, Microsoft will end extended support for Windows 2000, which will make this operating system less secure and increasingly prone to hacking exploits. (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sup...ofsupport.mspx).

As a result, Check Point will cease to support Windows 2000 with the introduction of our version 8.0 ZoneAlarm family of products including ZoneAlarm
    Internet Security Suite 2009, ZoneAlarm
    Pro, ZoneAlarm
    Antivirus, ZoneAlarm
    Anti-Spyware, and ZoneAlarm

Note about pre-8.0 products:<ul>[*]Pre-8.0 products will continue to run on the Windows 2000 operating system and receive signature updates such as virus and spyware signatures. However, there will be new and advanced protection features in post-8.0 ZoneAlarm products that will not be added to pre-8.0 products. ZoneAlarm strongly recommends upgrading to a supported and current version of the Windows operating system.[/list]ZoneAlarm may end services to pre-8.0 products at any time. <hr><hr>I'd say your 2000 has at least 2+ more years
    of running life; who knows it may make till Windows 8 and outshine them all.
    <hr>I'm sorry I don't make policy; I'm just just a 'free lance' user - like yourself, and their corporate marketing decision is pretty much 'final' - nothing really can be changed.<hr><hr>B-)NaiveMelody NYC 10-29-08 - Funeral For A Friend - Elton John

Thread Information