Thread: ZA 8.0.59 upgrade Still full of bugs

davekathy Guest

Default ZA 8.0.59 upgrade Still full of bugs

I upgraded to ZA 8.0.59
    and I still can't print out of Word 2003. Everything still just hard locks (reguires a restart). I also an having alot of trouble with IE7 not loading pages unless I do mutipule reloads. Shut Down is very slow and the ZA icon doesn't load in the system tray.
    I have te same problems On my WinXP sp3 machine running IE 6
    Windows Vista (with all updates installed)MS Office 2003 (all Updates)HP 5280 With latest drivers

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

geofizzell Guest

Default Re: ZA 8.0.59 upgrade Still full of bugs

Hi DaveKathy,
    Join the club. I downloaded version 8.0.059 a few days ago. Sometimes shutdown will be normal, sometimes not. Version 7.0.483 seems to work without flaw on my Dell D600 laptop running XP Pro. The 8.0
    antivirus updates every hour no matter what setting you choose. I am aware of a registry tweek for the shutdown. Check out some of the guru answers on this website. I am going to give it a few more days with version 8. If these issues can't be solved soon, I'll roll back to 7.0.483 and when I'm promted to upgrade to 8, I'll choose the remind me in 60 days
    . I figure that in another 60 days they should be pretty close to bug free.
    I liked the interface on 7 better than 8 because I could monitor more settings at a glance without accessing multiple menus.

All that said 8's virus/spyware scans are faster and there are more setting choices. Zone Alarm has always been my security suite of choice. I am disappointed like you but I believe they will find solutions to these problems.
    Regards'
    George

firstfractal Guest

Wow, it sounds like others are having the same problems I am. I also have v8.0.59 and printing in Word, Photoshop etc. doesn't work unless I follow the instructions on the post I made earlier here (exempting printer drivers from on-access scanning):

http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...hread.id=52035

Also, I have the same problem with virus update running EVERY hour no matter what I choose. See my earlier post here:

http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...hread.id=30278

- Jon

Win XP Pro
    ZAISS v8.0.59

forum_moderator Guest

With ZA 8.x there is a workaorund for the printing issues AND slow startup and running of certain applications.This can be fixed byAdding the specific printer spooler directories to the AV exclusion list.<P class=MsoNormal>We found a workaround for this issue. The specific spool directory needs to be excluded.<NAMESPACE ns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif[/img]ffice[img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif[/img]ffice" prefix="o" /><P class=MsoNormal>The base directory is <P class=MsoNormal>c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\ w32x86\THEN ANY FOLDERS HERE\<P class=MsoNormal>excluding the directory from the scan should solve the issue don t forget the trailing backslash<P class=MsoNormal><P class=MsoNormal>For example on my computer my hp and labelwriter entries would look like this.<P class=MsoNormal>wc:\windows\system32\spool\drivers \32x86\3\<P class=MsoNormal>c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\ w32x86\HPOFFICEJET_4200_SER2524\<P class=MsoNormal>c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\ w32x86\3\DYMOLABELWRITER_330_B0AE\<P class=MsoNormal>Don t forget the trailing backslash at end of path or it will not work.<P class=MsoNormal><P class=MsoNormal>Best regards<P class=MsoNormal>Forum moderator

Thread Information