ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:962739460
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200810.4795
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    Everytime I load zonealarm I get the following message within a few minutes of browsing around on the Internet.
    vsmon.exeThe exception unknown software exception (0xC0000409) occurred at location 0x6246f2ee
    If I turn off zonealarm all is well.
    Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Mike

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

slroberts Guest

Default Re: Zonealarm exception error on vsmon.exe

I have recently been getting the same error.
    For me it happens when I try to access parts of Amazon.com.
    This new version of ZA seems to have broken several websites that I use quite often.
    The other websites generate a "ERROR ON PAGE" message when I try to use them.
    I'd like to go back to the previous version, but I foolishly deleted it.
    has anyone got any idea how to fix all of these problems?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>SLRoberts wrote:
    I have recently been getting the same error. For me it happens when I try to access parts of Amazon.com. This new version of ZA seems to have broken several websites that I use quite often. The other websites generate a "ERROR ON PAGE" message when I try to use them. I'd like to go back to the previous version, but I foolishly deleted it. has anyone got any idea how to fix all of these problems?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You do not mention what Flavor of ZoneAlarm or What Version you have now? Or what Version of Windows?
    The simplest procedure is to:1.Download the Latestinstallerpreferably with IE Browwserand no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right) ZAFree http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.htmlZAP http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html ZAAV http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlZAAS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlZASS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html2. On your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview --&gt; Preferences tab)3. Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory4. Install the new update (clean or upgrade) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..Please note that ZASS does not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled). To troubleshoot ZASS issues remove them and install back once you see that ZA works as it should. For example, spyspweeper, spyware doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotS&amp;D, PC tools Threatfire, otherantivirus, antispyware, registry locking tools, etc...Here is a List of the Most common User problems..a.) The first thing a Hacker, Trojan or Virus tries to do if they infect your computer or gain access to your Computer, thru an Email Attachment or pop-up on a Website or user over-ridding the Security alerts by the firewall, is to shutdown, any Firewall, AV/AS.. That is why some users have problems updating ZoneAlarm or any other security program..vsmon.exe/TrueVector is the first thing that loads when your computer starts to boot up, the ZA tray Icon is just a Icon that loads later in the Boot-up process..and TrueVector /vsmon.exe is the last thing to shutdown when your computer shuts down to insure that your computer is always protected..That is why " if Load ZoneAlarm on startup in not Un-checked" and computer Rebooted, Truevector will stay in Memory and will not be removed during Install or Upgrade, in fact the install may fail because Truevector in an attempt to protect your computer will think that the New Install attempt to install a new version of Truevector may be a Hacker Attempting to shut down Truevector..That is why it is very Important to use the Un-Check "Start ZA on Startup" method so that a New Upgrade Copy of TrueVector/vsmon.exe can be installed..b.) some Computer Users thinkhttp://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...2/th_1what.gif that if one Firewall and anti-Virus is good, two or three different ones running at the same time must be better? http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o.../th_1mad-1.gif--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:963294365
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4805
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

slroberts Guest

I followed the
    instructions for a clean install that you posted on another thread, and the vsmon error is gone.
    I also changed one setting for another problem website to allow private headers, and that fixed that one.
    However, I still have one website that will not work with ZA running no matter what I do.
    That is www.comcast.net/tv/tv-listings/ .
    The main page loads, but the
    the tv listings are blank.

I have checked all of the ZA logs, and have found no error message that
    seem related.

An ERROR ON PAGE message with a CODE 0 appears when ZA is running,, but not when it isn't.
    I tried setting all of the privacy settings for www.comcast.net to ALLOW.
    What the heck could ZA be blocking?

I
    am running WinXP SP3 with all of the latest patches and no other AV or AS software.
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:963382451
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4825

<DIV class="default clearfix" id=core><DIV id=primary><DIV class=module-full id=tvlistings-module><DIV class=clearfix id=grid-head>
    I followed theinstructions for a clean install that you posted on another thread, and the vsmon error is gone. I also changed one setting for another problem website to allow private headers, and that fixed that one. However, I still have one website that will not work with ZA running no matter what I do. That is www.comcast.net/tv/tv-listings/ . The main page loads, but thethe tv listings are blank.I have checked all of the ZA logs, and have found no error message thatseem related.An ERROR ON PAGE message with a CODE 0 appears when ZA is running,, but not when it isn't. I tried setting all of the privacy settings for www.comcast.net to ALLOW. What the heck could ZA be blocking?Iam running WinXP SP3 with all of the latest patches and no other AV or AS software.ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:963382451
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4825
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Works OK for me, I tried that Comcast Link and pulled up the TV listing for Atlants, GA..(I got the Full Daytime TV Listings OK..Try Turning OFF Privact Mobile Codes and Cookies?, or try Turning OFF the Privacy Fuction completely..http://www.comcast.net/tv/tv-listings/<P class=message>The Comcast.net team has been working to improve your Comcast.net TV channel. We've added an HD video gallery, an On Demand page, and access to free Full TV episodes. Unfortunately, some features - such as Favorite Channels - were removed. In response to your feedback, we are working diligently to restore these features. We apologize for this inconvenience.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:963402698
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4835
    -------------------------------------------------

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 11-12-2008 01:47 PM
    GeorgeV

slroberts Guest

OK, now I am really confused.
    I had tried the things that you suggested before, but I decided to try them again.
    Sure enough, when I shut off all of the Privacy functions the TV listings started to work.
    So, I turned them back on one at a time, then adjusted them to the custom setings that i had been using, and the TV listings kept on working.
    Finally I rebooted, and they are still working.
    Things were a lot simpler and easier to understand back in the good old days of DOS and the command line.
    Just for the fun of it, before thanking you for your help, I tried again, and now they are not working.
    I tried shutting off Privacy again, and that didn't help.
    Whoa, it just started working again.
    Something really strange is going on here.
    I think that I will have to take this up with Comcast.

OK, now I am really confused. I had tried the things that you suggested before, but I decided to try them again. Sure enough, when I shut off all of the Privacy functions the TV listings started to work. So, I turned them back on one at a time, then adjusted them to the custom settings that i had been using, and the TV listings kept on working. Finally I rebooted, and they are still working. Things were a lot simpler and easier to understand back in the good old days of DOS and the command line.Just for the fun of it, before thanking you for your help, I tried again, and now they are not working. I tried shutting off Privacy again, and that didn't help. Whoa, it just started working again. Something really strange is going on here. I think that I will have to take this up with Comcast.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your excellent feedback..1.) Who knows why? Maybe only on Wednesdays, Daylight Standard Time? One too many cups of Coffee? Effects of Murphy's Law? http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...th_madwife.gif
    the Pet did it? http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...th_winekat.jpg2.) If it works sometim and not others? maybe it's related to a Corrupt ZA Database..ZA has incorparated a new way to Reset DataBase files so users don't need to go into Safe mode.

To repair this problem, please follow the steps below. Please note that
    this will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make
    note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock in the system tray lower right corner
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot
    =============================================As an Alternate Option, you can Contact ZoneAlarm Tech Support directly at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform (use IE Browser)
    ------------------------------------------------ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:963417500
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4835

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 11-12-2008 03:35 PM
    GeorgeV

slroberts Guest

I think that it is probably gremlins.
    I just went thru the process of doing a clean uninstall and fresh install of ZA.
    that got rid of several problems, but not this one.
    One new problem appeared after the install, but that turned out to be due to the Windows Firewall being turned on.
    Who knows how that happened?
    I contacted Comcast Support and they had me install the latest version of the Flash player.
    Again, that seemed to solve the problem, only to have it reappear a few minutes later.
    This is a new TV Listings page for Comcast, and I don't think that they have all of the bugs out of it yet.
    Of course, the old saying is that there is no such thing as bug free code, just code in which the latest bug hasn't yet appeared.

Thank you for your Feedback..You can alway Report your findings directly to ZA Tech Support to make them aware of the Compact/Privacy problem,But it seems that your Conclusion about ComCast New Software for their TV Listings may be the souce of the Problem..X-(Please feel free to post back in this Forum anytime you tink you have a problem with ZoneAlarm....
    GeorgeV

Thread Information