I have read several ways of how to do a clean uninstall.I found this on the User Forum :
ZoneAlarm Customer Care
This Information Applies to:
How to Perform a Clean Install
There is an option available to perform a clean uninstall. Please make sure that you have the latest version downloaded already, if you plan to reinstall. This will also clear up any licensing problems that you may be having.
In order to perform a clean uninstall of ZoneAlarm, please follow the steps below:
IMPORTANT - If you have a Cisco VPN client installed, you must first uninstall the VPN client, then follow the instructions below, and reinstall the Cisco VPN client again afterwards. This procedure will remove all traces of the TrueVector service, which was incorporated by Cisco into their VPN software.
* If you wish to keep your settings, create a Backup from Overview - > Preferences before starting, and then Restore afterwards (available in ZoneAlarm Premium products only).
* Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs
* RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties
* Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may be different on your system):
"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe"
* Change it to:
"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean /rmlicense
(add a space and then the /clean /rmlicense)
* Click OK to save the new command line.
* Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs -> Uninstall Zone Labs Security
* Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.
* say "Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files and allow TrueVector to shut down.
* After rebooting, check for the following folders, and delete them if you find them:
"Zone Labs" (under your Program Files folder)
"Zonelabs" (under your Windows System32 folder)
* Empty your recycle bin
* install the latest version if you are reinstalling
I also run CCleaner before install and have had no problems with installation.
Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite