Thread: install of za pro 8.59 (newest prompted download) crashed computer; cannot recover

imstilltheone Guest

Default install of za pro 8.59 (newest prompted download) crashed computer; cannot recover

i am running XP Media Edition on Sony desktop PC.the za update prompted a re-stary. system begins to boot showing windows logo.screen goes black and error message appears:lsass.exeThe application failedto initialize properly (0XC0000006).
    Check OK to terminate applicaiton.clicking OK leaves a black screen and a dead computer.i cannot boot into safe mode (probably because i do not know how if system start up does not offer that option.anyone have this problem? i need to know how to recover. or maybe the za update wiped my disk of its operating system.thank you to whomever can help.cheers,

Operating System:

Software Version:

Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro

finally figured out safe mode startup; no joy - same error message

Message Edited by imstilltheone on 11-03-2008 08:07 PM

pwillener Guest

Default Re: install of za pro 8.59 (newest prompted download) crashed computer; cannot recover

Did you try to boot into 'Last Known Good Configuration'? That should restore any missing or damaged system files.

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: install of za pro 8.59 (newest prompted download) crashed computer; cannot recover

<blockquote><hr>imstilltheone wrote:
    i am running XP Media Edition on Sony desktop PC.the za update prompted a re-stary. system begins to boot showing windows logo.screen goes black and error message appears:lsass.exeThe application failedto initialize properly (0XC0000006).
    Check OK to terminate applicaiton.clicking OK leaves a black screen and a dead computer.i cannot boot into safe mode (probably because i do not know how if system start up does not offer that option.anyone have this problem? i need to know how to recover. or maybe the za update wiped my disk of its operating system.thank you to whomever can help.cheers,

Operating System:

Software Version:

Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro

finally figured out safe mode startup; no joy - same error message

Message Edited by imstilltheone on 11-03-2008 08:07 PM
    <hr></blockquote>

There could be several things wrongs, but
    based only on the limited information you have provided..1.) The new ZA 8.0.059.00 for WinXP requires Service Pack 3..
    2.) All versions of ZoneAlarm for XP
    were designed to work with WinXP Home, and WinXP Pro..
    not WinXP Media Center,However some Users have had Success Installinf ZA on XP MC with SP3..
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=75678
    3.) Some other 3rd party Security Software can Conflict with or Block the Install of ZoneAlarm..
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:962876270
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200810.4795
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957

imstilltheone Guest

thank you for assisting.

indeed, i did attempt &quot;last configuration&quot;. no change. system still errors out at the same place in the boot sequence; just after the WINDOWS splash screen.

cheers,

imstilltheone Guest

thank you for assisting.

unfortunately the za update box did not indicate which OS/SP was involved. it is beginning to look like za had destroyed my operating system. and now i will have to pay to have that verified. safe mode, &quot;last configuration&quot; (or any other safe mode selection) cannot overcome the error.

cheers,

Thread Information