Thread: Error with TrueVector Monitor

itmonkey Guest

Default Error with TrueVector Monitor

Hi there,

I have installed ZAISSv8.0.059.000, which seems to install fine. On reboot, TureVector monitor does not start up and comes up with an error message "TrueVector Monitor ecountered a problem", the two options are Debug or Close, neither to anything. ZA does not startup.

Currently running XPSP3

I have tried pretty much everying, clean uninstall and re-install even when I try and load previous version ZAISSv8.0.020.000, I get the same problem.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

endocore Guest

Default Re: Error with TrueVector Monitor

I also encountered this TrueVector / Vsmon.exe problem when upgrading ZAP from 7.0.483.000 to 8.0.590.000 (I think there were a couple of version 7s in-between, but that's what I last remember actually saving). The computer will hang for anywhere from 1-3 minutes before TV finally decides to throw in the towel and shut itself down, followed by the vsmon.exe crash message. I will keep trying to search for a fix (clean re-install has zero effect in resolving the issue) and hope that several more reboots will ultimately flush out any of the 'deeper security' measures of ZAP v8 that might be potentially causing TV to swallow its own bowels.
    Affected machines:Alienware Area-51 m766 notebook running XP Pro
    w/ SP3.Dell XPS 400 desktop running XP Pro
    w/ SP3.
    Hopefully, CheckPoint will release a patch for this one. The layout of v8 is more compact than v7-, but i have to say the tabbed layout was still very user-friendly.

Thread Information