Thread: Turn OFF anti-virus ZAISS before installing SP3 in XP

Charles_B Guest

Default Turn OFF anti-virus ZAISS before installing SP3 in XP

When SP3 first came out, I had Automatic Updates Turn On.It download SP3 and install.I keep computer on all the time.When I got home the computer was in a scandisk mode loop and stating the volume was dirty.Could not get into safe mode.Had to reformat drive.
    After that I always had Automatic Updates off.Did update manually after that using custom option.I read at Microsoft that when installing SP3 you need to disable your anti-virus.Hello !!!
    I just installed SP3 and every thing looks good so far.I did am image copy using Acronis 11 to my external drive, download SP3 from Microsft and burn to disk, turn off anti-virus/spyware in ZAISS reboot and install from disk drive.When very smooth.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re:Steps to take before you install... XP SP 3

Click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=18539<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 11-6-08 - I'll Take You There - The Staple Singers

Charles_B Guest

Default Re: Turn OFF anti-virus ZAISS before installing SP3 in XP

Apparently SP3 running with out problems.I ran Defrag and ScanDisk, both fix file system errors and attempt recovery of bad sectors.It stated the volume in drive C: is clean.
    I will still keep Windows Updates OFF.Will play it safe and download Windows Updates manually 2 or 3 days after release and if no problems with updates.
    Windows Update KB951748 is still fresh in my mind to have Windows Updates ON.

Thread Information