Thread: ZASS 8.059 performance

thenckid Guest

Default ZASS 8.059 performance

I installed ZA Internet Security Suites v8.02 when it was released then took it off and went back to 7.483 because of the abysmal system performance. I have been monitoring this group to see when the problem had been fixed. It seemed like 8.059 was working for most people and I just installed it. I found my system performance still suffered intolerably. I turned off on-access scanning and the performance is okay. My question, is it better to go back to 7.483 with on-access scanning or stick w/ 8.059. If any one knows how to get good performance from 8.059 w/ on-access scanning on, I would be interested.
    Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZASS 8.059 performance

Hi!not sure whats wrong with your system but running without 'on access' is like running without the antivirus.So better to go back to 7.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    From the limited information you have provided, I agree with Guru Fax..But since you asked for a list of Progress Fixes since 7.0.483.000 Here is a list..<P class=headblack2><A id=8.0.059.000 name=8.0.059.000 target=_blank></A>ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 8.0.059.000<UL class=body><LI>Performance improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Improved system boot time <LI>Improved start-up time after hibernation and sleep mode </LI>[/list]<LI>Anti-virus improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed automatic antivirus/antispyware update setting not saving in Vista (ZoneAlarm Antivirus and Internet Security Suite) <LI>Fixed view update not opening the update dialog (ZoneAlarm Antivirus and Internet Security Suite) </LI>[/list]<LI>Compatibility and Stability improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed compatibility issue with Microsoft VPN <LI>Fixed occasional crashes in vsmon engine <LI>Fixed occasional hangs during shutdown </LI>[/list]<LI>Various other improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Various install and upgrade improvements <LI>Two security enhancements </LI>[/list]</LI>[/list]<P class=headblack2><A id=8.0.020.000 name=8.0.020.000 target=_blank></A>ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 8.0.020.000<UL class=body><LI>Fixed compatibility issue with Network Magic and networking software that comes with certain brands of routers </LI>[/list]<P class=headblack2><A id=8.0.015.000 name=8.0.015.000 target=_blank></A>ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 8.0.015.000<UL class=body><LI>Security improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Many Firewall/OSFirewall improvements stop more attacks, pass leak tests <LI>Enhanced self-protection. More hardening and other self-protection added to withstand an onslaught of attacks ("stability under fire") <LI>Early boot protection - new icon with a special tooltip now appears sooner during start-up (though security is active even before the icon shows). <LI>Enhanced: Root-kit protection within OSFirewall blocks more threats <LI>New daily credit monitoring - monitors your credit reports daily with email alerts and reports; notifies you if there have been changes because these are often an indication of identity theft. <LI>Newly updated Identity Protection Center makes it easier for you to protect your identity in the physical world too. <LI>Various antivirus and anti-spyware improvements. </LI>[/list]<LI>Performance improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Anti-virus: Scan modes added so you only scan what you need, increasing scan speed by 50% while still providing superior protection <LI>Improved reboot time, login time, session start, UI loading, various other performance improvements throughout the product. </LI>[/list]<LI>Ease-of-use improvements: <UL class=body><LI>New User Interface <LI>One-click Fix-it button lets you fix issues instantly <LI>Improvements in Smart Defense: Millions of applications have security access automatically pre-set so the user doesn t have to set them </LI>[/list]</LI>[/list]
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

raideron Guest

Same here... The only issue I had was the slow shutdown on 8.015&lt;I Think&gt; but the latestZA version(59) runs great, S/D issue is a no issue with the latest version.. That is on myXP Pro...

If you have Updated to ZASS 8.0.059.000 on WinXP and still experience Slow Shutdown and Slow Startup..1.) many times part of the Registry gets Changed by other Programs like Comercial Registry Cleaners, or Registry Restore from a Registry Backup..2.) here is the Fix provided by Tech support..changed the following registry data:HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control (click on Control)In the right side of Control look for - WaitToKillServiceTimeoutHis Value data was set to 200. change it to 20000.After doing this,your shutdown should change backto normal.According to MS the default setting should have been 20000 (milliseconds) So we have no idea how these users got set to 200 or 2000
    GeorgeV

thenckid Guest

Just checked the registry entry and it was 2000. I changed it to 20000. Will let you know if that helps. Thanks for the advice.

Your Welcome
    GeorgeV

lalittle Guest

<blockquote><hr>thenckid wrote:
    Just checked the registry entry and it was 2000. I changed it to 20000. Will let you know if that helps. Thanks for the advice.
    <hr></blockquote>
    Did this fix the issue?
    Thanks,
    Larry

thenckid Guest

Yes. The performance is pretty much back where it was before the upgrade from 7.043. The only thing I notice is that sometimes Window security thinks ZL isn't running when it is. Others have experienced the same thing (there is another thread on this topic).

Thread Information