Thread: Control Centre window 10 ZA Pro 8.0.059

villafan Guest

Default Control Centre window 10 ZA Pro 8.0.059

Can anyone help? Upgraded to ZA Pro 8.0.059 and now the control centre window won't enlarge big enough to use. Is there a fix?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Control Center window in ZA Pro 8.0.059

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>villafan wrote:
    Can anyone help? Upgraded to ZA Pro 8.0.059 and now the control centre window won't enlarge big enough to use. Is there a fix?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Move your Mouse Cursor to any Side Edge or Corner, when the "Cursor" momentarily changes to a two pointed cursor, Hold down the Left mouse button and Move the Cursor away from the window to widen the window.. up down or sideways, then let up on the Left button..

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 11-09-2008 03:49 PM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

villafan Guest

Thanks for reply but...already tried it. Moving the mouse over the edge of the window doesn't bring up a double point, in fact nothing happens at all. Right clicking on the top bar, then selecting &quot;size&quot; does bring up the double point, but the window will only drag/resize to about halfway down the &quot;overview&quot; button (making the window about an inch deep on my screen). Seriously annoying me now! Anyone got any further ideas?

Thanks for reply but...already tried it. Moving the mouse over the edge of the window doesn't bring up a double point, in fact nothing happens at all. Right clicking on the top bar, then selecting "size" does bring up the double point, but the window will only drag/resize to about halfway down the "overview" button (making the window about an inch deep on my screen). Seriously annoying me now! Anyone got any further ideas?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback..1.) can you Resize any other Window with the Cusor?2.) if not then maybe it is not a Zone Alarm problem..?3.) If you can Re-size other Windows, them maybe your ZA Database is corrupted?ZA has incorparated a new way to Reset DataBase files so users don't need to go into Safe mode.

To repair this problem, please follow the steps below. Please note that
    this will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make
    note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process.

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock in the system tray lower right corner
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

GeorgeV

villafan Guest

Thanks for new reply -

yes I can resize other windows. Have tried your suggestion and still no joy I'm afraid. Can you think of anything else?

Thanks for new reply -yes I can resize other windows. Have tried your suggestion and still no joy I'm afraid. Can you think of anything else?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You may Contact ZA Tech Support Directly Free of Charge with your License Key, and Give them the Full Details of your problem and what you have tried to Correct the problem..Tech Support: www.zonealarm.com/tsform (with IE Browser)Please Report back here and let us know what they Tell you?Thank You for your feedback..
    GeorgeV

peppercorn Guest

I had the same problem, and I think I have one solution.

The locked size of the control centre is the same as the unexpanded one in version 7. Somewhere, this unexpanded window size seemed to be remembered in the system, even though I had cleaned up system32 files and folders, temporary folders, Prefetch folders, registry, etc. So I uninstalled version 8.0.059, using all the methods for thorough cleaning on this forum (but this might not have been necessary).

I reinstalled version 70.483.000, went through all the user logons on the computer making sure that the control centre windows were all expanded (I found some in unexpanded windows, which I then expanded). I uninstalled 70.483.000 clean, re-installed 8.0.059, and the problem was solved.

ZASS 8.0.059.000
    Windows XP SP3

Thank you for your Feedback to the users of this forum..http://ak.jacquielawson.com/product/images/3149886s.jpg
    GeorgeV

DivBy0 Guest

Default Re: Control Centre window 10 ZA Pro 8.0.059

I figured out a fix that does not require uninstalling/reinstalling anything. Take a look at the "Cannot resize control center after upgrade to Zone Alarm 8.0.065.000 (free)" post. I fixed this in version 9.1 ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite, but the problem first showed in in 8.x, I believe. It does not seem version or edition specific.

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...280#post271280

Thread Information