I attempted to upgrade my zonealarm antivirus to version 8.0.059.000. I did not shutdown zonealarm, I just ran the upgrade. After the required reboot, my computer displayed a Blue screen of death before the windows logo even appeared.

I rebooted into safe mode and successfully uninstalled the software. I followed the online instructions for removing all files and registry entries. I rebooted into windows and reinstalled version 8 with the The same result.

I redownloaded the setup application to make sure that the file wasn't corrupt and went through the same steps again: uninstall, remove files, clean registry. I still recieved the same result: An instant blue screen after reboot. The screen disappears so quickly that it can't be read.

I am running windows XP Home with Service Pack 3. I also have Windows defender installed. There are no other anivirus or firewall applications on my computer. I reinstalled version 7.0.483.000 and it runs great. If I can't upgrade to the new version then I will have to select a new solution.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Software Version:8.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus