Thread: ZAP 8.0.59 Upgrade/Full Install problem

Hybrid View

ricksm Guest

Default ZAP 8.0.59 Upgrade/Full Install problem

I have Windows XP SP 3 and can't install the ZAP 8.0.59 upgrade. I deleted the zone alarm folder in program files and under system32(I believe) and tried the full install. I get a windows failure window that says "Zone Alarm Pro-1042 English" encountered an error, etc.. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: ZAP 8.0.59 Upgrade/Full Install problem

As a upgrade did you do this on the old version ZA...??
    1 -You can try this: just prior to new downloading attempt, on your current/ old ZA > go to "Overview" > Preferences > General - "uncheck the box for" = 'Load ZoneAlarm at startup' > click once, wait - it may take a few
    seconds for it to register, but it will clear the box.[*]
    Please restart/ reboot. <[*]>
    Now, download and install your new 8.0. Unloading the current/ old version will ensure less conflicts between the old version and new version; after install you will have to re-start your pc. { This is a Super Tip - that will help prevent some 'true vector/ vsmon.exe
    issues' on upgrades/ updates }[*]2 - upon the re-install of 8.0.059 did you shut-down your anti-virus and most of your other anti-spyware?<hr>Click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645
    read thru and follow tips and guidelines. Use IE7 instead of others.
    <hr>Now...[*]1 - use the un-install instruction #19199 ^ from above link
    ~ 27 step to clear out ZA[*]2 - re-install direct from the ZA Pro 'release history' link - while following the tips and guidelines. Have your license key handy. I would suggest all other security software 'temporarily' shut-down just prior to ZA install; this 8.0.059 may not install too well with other anti-virus and anti-spyware running.[*]3 - use the 'save to desktop' install method.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 11-12-08 - How's It Going To Be - Third Eye Blind<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 11-13-2008 11:52 PM[/list]

Thread Information