I'm running Vista Home Premium on an HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop, which had ZASS 71_248_000 operating successfully. This morning, ZA informed me about this latest upgrade. Downloaded and installed. Upon reboot ZA wouldn't load. I got this message: "True Vector Service has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.... etc." I have also gotten the same message for files named GLBCC72.tmp and GL8841.tmp.

I am unable uninstall ZA, whether from the Control Panel or from the program menu. When I try, I first get the message "Verifying permission to uninstall" followed by "Zone Alarm Client has stopped working." I can progress no further. I have also tried to uninstall from Safe Mode with and without networking support. I also tried reverting to an earlier restore point. I have tried to reinstall over the broken version. I also tried a suggestion found in the support files that said to add " /clean" to the target line in the file properties box. No success.

So, my laptop is effectively crippled now. I hope someone can help as soon as possible. Thanks.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
Software Version:8.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite