Thread: Problems with "Over Security"

daris Guest

Default Problems with "Over Security"

Just installed the latest version of zone alarm security suite 8.0.059

Zone Alarm is apparently setting files and directories into which it is installed somehow to result in the following problems, which logic I'm sure is to prevent any malware from tampering with the zone alarm installation, but nevertheless does create these problems.
    1) Can't delete OLD versions of the install programs, these take up alot of space, up to 50MB in some cases. I have tried to delete by sending to recycle bin, and also set to delete directly independently of recycle bin. Files are locked up, and I can't fix by manipulation of attributes on the file properties panel.
    2) Can't create files in the folder zone alarm is installed in, such as text documents to backup user ids, passwords, or registration keys info associated with my zone alarm accounts.
    version of Windows XP PRO = version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
    It would probably be a good idea to keep this protection, but during the install process, the user should have an option to delete prior versions of the install executable, at least all of them except the last one upgrading from.
    It would be nice to be able to create text or other non-executable files in the folder zone alarm suite is installed into also.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:5.x
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Problems with "Over Security"

Thank you for your feedback..There are Over 60 Million Users of ZoneAlarm world Wide.. This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..PLease Refer your product Feature recomendations to Customer Servie..
    ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do notMonitor this Forum..There are two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Customer Service www.zonealarm.com/csform ZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:963730036
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4845
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security