Just installed the latest version of zone alarm security suite 8.0.059

Zone Alarm is apparently setting files and directories into which it is installed somehow to result in the following problems, which logic I'm sure is to prevent any malware from tampering with the zone alarm installation, but nevertheless does create these problems.
1) Can't delete OLD versions of the install programs, these take up alot of space, up to 50MB in some cases. I have tried to delete by sending to recycle bin, and also set to delete directly independently of recycle bin. Files are locked up, and I can't fix by manipulation of attributes on the file properties panel.
2) Can't create files in the folder zone alarm is installed in, such as text documents to backup user ids, passwords, or registration keys info associated with my zone alarm accounts.
version of Windows XP PRO = version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
It would probably be a good idea to keep this protection, but during the install process, the user should have an option to delete prior versions of the install executable, at least all of them except the last one upgrading from.
It would be nice to be able to create text or other non-executable files in the folder zone alarm suite is installed into also.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Software Version:5.x
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite