Thread: Zone Alarm preventing Windows Vista System Restore Function

berend Guest

Default Zone Alarm preventing Windows Vista System Restore Function

I purchased Zone Alarm 7.1 some months ago. Seemed to be working fine, but recently discovered that the when I
    tried to do a
    System restore, (Windows Vista SP1)
    the Restore function would not operate. Received error message: System
    Restore did not complete succesfully.........Details: An unspecified error occurred during System Restore".

After
    a clean re-install of Windows Vista, by by trial and error I discovered that this problem occurs only after I install Zone Alarm.
    If I then uninstall Zone Alarm, the Windows System Restore function works again!
    Any one able to assist me with this
    Regards...Ben

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

berend Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm preventing Windows Vista System Restore Function

Has anybody experienced a similar problem??

I also tried installing ZoneAlarm on my Laptop which runs Windows XP SP3. I get the same problem.
    After Installation of Zone Alarm
    I created a new restore point. I then made a few adjustments to my desktop, and then ran the systems restore.
    The adjustments were not restored, and I got a message saying System Restore did not function correctly.
    Please let me know if there are any fixes for this??

There does not appear to be any way for me to get in contact with any Zone Alarm Support people.
    Thanks...Ben

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>berend wrote:
    Has anybody experienced a similar problem?? I also tried installing ZoneAlarm on my Laptop which runs Windows XP SP3. I get the same problem. After Installation of Zone AlarmI created a new restore point. I then made a few adjustments to my desktop, and then ran the systems restore. The adjustments were not restored, and I got a message saying System Restore did not function correctly.Please let me know if there are any fixes for this?? There does not appear to be any way for me to get in contact with any Zone Alarm Support people.Thanks...Ben
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Is this the ZA Free version or one of the Paid version?It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several very knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..Please provide as much detail and error messages etc. that you see on your ComputerMonitor

Please Right Click on the ZA Tray icon on the Lower Right and Click the "About" Option this will pop up a windows with all the Info about your Version Of ZA including the complete Version Number.. Click the "Copy to Clipboard" and Paste that information Here in the Forum by pressing the "CTRL-V" key..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:963871238
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4865
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

berend Guest

Zone Alarm 7.1.254
    appears to be functioning OK.
    However whenever I try to do a system restore after I installed ZASS, I get following Windows system error message:<blockquote>&quot;System Restore did not complete succesfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed.

Details: An unspecified error occurred during System Restore.&quot;</blockquote>Only when I uninstall ZASS will
    System Restore function properly again.
    This means that whenever I want to undo some system changes, perhaps after a faulty program install, I am unable to do so.
    I installed Zone Alarm on a recently (6 days ago) re-installed operating system. I have not installed any previous versions of ZA, Norton, McAfee or any other Security programs prior to installing ZASS 7.1.254.000.
    Computer System details:Windows Vista Home Premium, 32 bit,
    SP1.
    Zone Alarm details:ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.254.000

Paid Version
    TrueVector version:7.1.254.000
    Driver version:7.1.254.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:963946772
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4875
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843

Ben

berend Guest

Thank you everyone for the lack of assistance.
    I guess the best thing to do is to move to another product suc as Nortons.

HI!this is a user forum, ZA staff does not monitor it.We are all users helping each other.With a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform For what it counts I have no problem whatsoever with restore function.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information