Thread: E Mail

hookers Guest

Default E Mail

Hi can someone help me out. I have installed Zone alarm security suite but last time I installed it my microsoft outlook e mail programme was asked if zone alarm wanted to protect it with mail frontier. However this time I cant get the box which says do i want to allow it. Any ideas people.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: E Mail

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>hookers wrote:
    Hi can someone help me out. I have installed Zone alarm security suite but last time I installed it my microsoft outlook e mail programme was asked if zone alarm wanted to protect it with mail frontier. However this time I cant get the box which says do i want to allow it. Any ideas people.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sometimes that feature gets turned off durring the Upgrade..1.) First Shut down OutLook ..2.) Left Click ZA Tray Icon, Click on Email Protection , Main section..3.) Make sure all three Options in the Main Email page are Turned "ON"4.) Now start Outlook again..That should fix it..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:964517094
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4925
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

hookers Guest

HiyaTried what you suggested but to no avail.

HiyaTried what you suggested but to no avail.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks for your feedback..http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..That always works for me..1.) all I can think of that may cause you problem..a.) .Bad install of ZASS?b.) some other Security software conflicting or blocking SonicWall Mail Fronteer?c.) It sounds like your ZA Database may be corrupted.

ZA has incorparated a new way to Reset DataBase files so users don't need to go into Safe mode.

To repair this problem, please follow the steps below. Please note that
    this will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make
    note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process.

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together then

2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock in the system tray lower right corner
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:964581995
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4925
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV

hookers Guest

Hi all again well I have tried everything suggested but to no avail so I dumped and re-installed zone alarm security suite but still have same problem. Checked windows firewall was off I ensured every trace of my old anti virus was removed (nortons internet security 2009). But I still get the same problem I am unable to get my E mail protection on as far as zone alarm is concerned everything is on but i am not getting a zone alarm folder in my microsoft office outlook. So people any help or ideas will be really appreciated.
    Cheers Steve H X-(

Hi all again well I have tried everything suggested but to no avail so I dumped and re-installed zone alarm security suite but still have same problem. Checked windows firewall was off I ensured every trace of my old anti virus was removed (nortons internet security 2009). But I still get the same problem I am unable to get my E mail protection on as far as zone alarm is concerned everything is on but i am not getting a zone alarm folder in my microsoft office outlook. So people any help or ideas will be really appreciated.Cheers Steve H X-(
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback..This is just my 2 cents worth,If your having problem installing ZA Anti-Virus or ZA Security Suite and have ever uninstalleda previous installation of Norton Systemworks or Norton AntiVirus, or Norton Security Suite 2008/2009when you use ADD/Remove to Remove any of Symantec Norton utilities, especially their Norton Anti-Virus program, they still leave lots of traces behind after the "UNINSTALL"Fortunately SYMANTEC has a Fix for this problem on the Symantec web site called "NORTON REMOVAL TOOL" that does a better job of REMOVING ALL traces of Norton Symantec files..here is the Link to the Symantec Norton Removal Tool..http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...ent&amp;seg=hmHere is the Link to McAfee Removal Tool..http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocumen...64&amp;lc=1033<H5>Affected Operating Systems: </H5><UL><LI>Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional <LI>Microsoft Windows XP Professional <LI>Microsoft Windows XP Home <LI>Microsoft Windows Vista </LI>[/list]================================================== =========This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..
    ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do notMonitor this Forum..There are two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Customer Service www.zonealarm.com/csform ZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform---------------------------------------

GeorgeV

Thread Information