Thread: Hi, I upgraded to antivirus/firewall version 7.0.483.0...

jstme Guest

Default Hi, I upgraded to antivirus/firewall version 7.0.483.0...

Hi,
    I upgraded to antivirus/firewall version 7.0.483.000 recently and am having an issue with the right click to scan files feature. It worked fine at first, but then after a couple of virus def updates, it stopped being available. It still shows on the
    menu when i right click on a file but
    it is grayed out. I did
    a system restore which made it work again but then after a couple of virus def updates, it reverted to being grayed out. I use that feature a lot and would really appreciate it if someone could give me a fix for that.
    Another problem I am having is the virus program is updating was too often, sometimes more than once an hour even tho I have it set to only update every 12 hours, anyone have any idea on how to stop that?
    Also, does this updated version give more protection than the 6.1.737.000 version does? I ask because if it does not, I will just go back to my previous version if I cannot resolve these issues.
    Thank you for any help you can give me with these problems.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Hi,I upgraded ZA Anti-virus version 6.1 to 7.0.483.0...

Special Note: if your updating from 6.0x series or earlier - you most probably need to use un-install instructions especially for those with ZA anti-virus = ZA Suite and ZA Anti-virus - upgrading from CA anti-virus to new Kaspersky anti-virus - this needs un-installing: Please see/ click here:[*]> http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=74704
    - pay attention to the un-install of CA files.<hr>What possibly happened - there were some leftover CA anti-virus files interfering with your new 7.0 Kaspersky av, luckily for you we do have some un-install instructions. Use the link above if you want to try again.<hr>Click here for more info for installing &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645<hr>As for the av updates frequency - you may want to put in &quot;manual updating&quot; in the av tab &gt; advanced options &gt; Updates &gt; uncheck box for 'auto updates.' Otherwise check in &gt; http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d.id=Antivirus - for other similar posts dealing with 'av update
    frequency.'<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 11-20-08 - Hello It's Me - Todd Rundren<ul>[/list][/list]

jstme Guest

Default Re: Hi,I upgraded ZA Anti-virus version 6.1 to 7.0.483.0...

Thanks for replying and I am sorry it took me so long to reply back. I tried to do what was suggested in the link
    you posted but I cannot do that as I windows will not let me change a filename to one that uses / in it
    like what that link said to do with the uninstall file. I did originally do a clean install and have since uninstalled
    and reinstalled this program but nothing changes what it does. I just stop the autoupdates by not letting it bypass the lock and only allow it when i want to. It is the updates that stop the right click scan from working as it will always work when
    I reboot the system until it attempts to update again. This is something that I will either just live with or return to my previous version if I cannot live with it. Thanks for your help though, I do appreciate it.

Thread Information