Thread: Totally Disappointed

silvanet Guest

Default Totally Disappointed

I have been using ZoneLabs Zone Alarm free version for some time and was very happy with it. I decided to download and install the full version, but when I tried to install it I got a message saying I needed to install a hotfix. The message sent me to a microsoft knowledge base article that said I need sxs.dll. The microsoft article does not provide download of that dll, rather it sends you to download SP2 and SP3. I already have SP2 installed and am running XP Pro. I will not install SP3. If Zone Alarm requires that, then I absolutely don't want it. What's the problem here? Is there another "fix?" I tried downloading the referenced version of sxs.dll, but I already have exactly the version that the article says I need???? I have no idea which version of ZA I'm trying to install. I bought it online and all I get is an installer.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re:ZA installation ask for MS hotfix

Hi!please note that ZA staff does not monitor this board, we are all users trying to help each others.Given that you have purchased ZA you are entitled to free support. Write directly to ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform (use Internet Explorer to submit your issue and check the spam folder for the ZA messages been incorrect flagged as spam)Please post back if you find a solution, other users in your situation will benefit from your information.Also next time try to use a better title... not easy to understand the issue by reading it.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information