Thread: Windows Explorer was prevented from changing the behavior of ZASS

berelek Guest

Default Windows Explorer was prevented from changing the behavior of ZASS

Hi!
    I recently upgraded to ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    I have been having problems with ZA interfering with Windows Explorer, a few times a day when the desktop is updating after closing a window that covered the whole screen, the icons on the desktop take a very long time to update i.e. from a generic icon to the correct icon, invariably, when that happens I go to ZA log and find that ZA was blocking Windows Explorer and the error message shown on the OSFirewall log is shown below, the time on the error is the same as when the desktop is taking a minute or two to upgrade, and the error is sometimes repeated 3 to 4 times at the exact same time, one after another with same date/time on the log. I read in this forum that this is no major issue but it freezes my computer for a minute or so a few times a day, which is extremely annoying:
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    Description Windows Explorer was prevented from changing the behavior of ZoneAlarm Security Suite by modifying the file: ZLDIR*
    Rating High
    Date / Time 2008-11-22 14:55:44-6:00
    Type File
    Subtype File Write
    Data ZLDIR*
    Program C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
    Action Taken Blocked (once)
    Count 1
    Policy Personal Policy
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

I tried to delete the programs from the Program Control list as advised elsewhere in this forum but the problem came back.
    Other than going back to a previous version of ZA, is there anything I can do?

Thank you for any helpful advice.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Windows Explorer was prevented from changing the behavior of ZASS

Hi!the best is to report it directly to ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform Use internet explorer to report the issue and check your spam folders since often support reply are junked.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information