Thread: Trying to uninstall Zone Alarm Security Suite Version 8.0.059.000

angieg Guest

Default Trying to uninstall Zone Alarm Security Suite Version 8.0.059.000

Can anyone please help me?
    I am so sick of ZoneAlarm I want to get rid of it.
    It is not worth the problems it causes.
    I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition.
    I have had nothing but problenms with this software since I got it.
    It is installed on my computer but does not work. I unstalled ZA and tried to load some new security
    I have and it would not load becasue ZA was still running.
    So I went to Add and Remove Programs and uninstalled it that way.
    Then alot of my programs would not work, like Roxi that I use to burn DVDs and CDs and some others too.
    I had to do a system restore to get them back to working and now I have Zone Alarm again and it is not working and I can't put the new security on until I get it off.
    The Tech support at Zone Alarm is the absolute worst.
    The only way to contact them is by email or phone which you have to pay for.
    They have not emailed me back and this has been going on for several days. If I ever get this **bleep** off my computer I will never use anything else they make.
    DOes anyone have any suggestions about what I should do since I can;t get help from Zone Alarm.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Trying to uninstall Zone Alarm Security Suite Version 8.0.059.000

Hi!ZA does not officially support any version of XP MCE.To remove ZA see here below:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=103Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>angieg wrote:
    Can anyone please help me? I am so sick of ZoneAlarm I want to get rid of it. It is not worth the problems it causes. I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I'm Sorry you are having a problem with ZoneAlarm,Here is a Quote from the ZA forum Moderator.."ZoneAlarm does not support XP Media Center Edition(of any SP level) on any verion of our XP/2000 versions of our software.ZoneAlarm does support all verison of Vista with our vista version of our software no matter if media center is part of your vista OS or not.FM"http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=75678
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

angieg Guest

Thanks for the help.If I had only known that Media Center is not supported earlier I could have saved myself a lot of grief.
    Anyway, the ZA icon is not in my system tray and it does not appear as a program when I go to all programs on my desktop the only way I can find
    it up is to go to control panel and go to add or remove programs and click remove or change.
    Can I do a clean unstall from that point? Thanks again and sorry for my rant but I am just so frustrated with all of this.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>angieg wrote:
    .... can findit up is to go to control panel and go to add or remove programs and click remove or change. Can I do a clean unstall from that point?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, sure you can... and after, to be sure ZA is gone, follow the instruction posted in my previous message to remove any ZA file/folder still in your system....Cheers,Fax

morey Guest

I've been running ZASS 7.0.483.000 since 7/10/2008 now with MS XP SP3 Media Center Edition Version 2002 now and it works perfectly.
    I've had no problems whatsoever.
    Perhaps, only ZASS 8 is incompatible.
    Hopefully, my version of ZASS will be supported until ZA comes out with another version compatible with MCE.

Hi!also version 7 does not support officially MCE..as you, many users have no problems...But there are also users with a lot of them.. Cheers,Fax

Thank you for your Feedback..as Guru Fax has said,a fewUsers have been able to use ZoneAlarm 7.0 on MCE Win XP..Here is the official Policy on MCE for XP..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=75678

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 11-23-2008 08:27 PM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information