Thread: computer won't boot after installing ZoneAlarm Free

walnut Guest

Default computer won't boot after installing ZoneAlarm Free

This is the repeat of a problem I had a few months ago. In both cases, the computer refused to restart following the restart prompt during installation of ZoneAlarm Free. It got as far as the background screen, but refused to populate it with icons. The hard disk was clicking regularly, but not moving on.

Both times I simply uninstalled ZoneAlarm using safe mode. But actually I would quite like to use the programme.

This time I emptied Temp etc and cleaned the registry before installing. I also tried to install it a couple of times

I'm using a Samsung R55 notebook, with Windows XP Home Service Pack 3, **bleep** 4.8 Home and Spybot S&D.

Any ideas?

walnut

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: computer won't boot after installing ZoneAlarm Free

beep 4.8 with it's IM and Intrusion protection (network guard or shield) and the Tea Timer of the SpyBot S&D is probably the problem. Disable those shields/guards in the A V a st or disable and uninstall them (in the repair option in the Add and remove).

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

walnut Guest

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean I should remove the Network Shield from **bleep** and the TeaTimer from Spybot permanently? Don't I need those services from **bleep** and Spybot in order to have proper protection from them?

Yours

walnut

Yes.
    Often the tea Timer causes issues with the ZA - not in all cases, but in some.
    You maybe able to use the ZA and the TeaTimer together at the same time, as the most likely source of the issues is the mini -firewalling features of the antivrus.
    And disable the IM guard of the antivirus.
    You should be able to use the web scanner (http scanner) of your antivirus with no issues.
    Do not use the Mailsafe of the ZA - instead use only the email scanner of the antivirus, again as using both is also a possible conflict.
    Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information